CHAPTER TWENTY

Epilogue

Renee

I kiss Alex on the forehead as he holds our children. The triplets are resting on his broad chest while Rae is being held by Andre beside the bed.

"I don't know what'd I do-" I choke.

"Shh, you'll never have to find out." Alexx whispers to me. To Andre, he says, "What do you know? The police aren't telling us anything and I'm assuming you know more than then anyway."

"Ashley was in contact with Mookie." Andre says.

"Mookie, from the old neighborhood? The on that used to chase me around?" I ask skeptically.

"Mookie that was working for Savannah before she got arrested. The same Mookie that now owns the largest stable in Las Vegas." Nathan answers.

"Wow. But how does Ashley know Mookie?" I asked.

"Through Savannah." Andre says.

"Okay, this is like pulling teeth. Just tell us everything." Alex responds.

"Here, take Rae. I don't want her to hear this." Carmell takes Rae out of Andre's arms and to the hallway. The triplet are sleeping so I decide they can stay.

I take August from Alex and Andre takes Angie. Alex sits up but keeps Tonio in his arms.

"Savannah reads the trash magazines.When she got to Los Angeles, she approached Ashley because she knew she might want to be rid of you. Through Savannah, Ashley was then introduced to Mookie. If anything was to happen to Savannah, the plan was to be completed through Mookie and Savannah. Unfortunately, having Savannah out the way was more beneficial to Mookie than actually making through all went as planned. Eventually, Ashley was abandoned by her partners and wen crazy. Especially after Rick Anderson took their daughter away from Ashley." Nathan explained.

"How do you know all this?" I asked.

"For a short while, Samuel was helping Mookie by keeping tabs on us. Trevor found out, taught Samuel a lesson, then we went to Vegas and taught Mookie a lesson. He told us everything." Andre said.

I nodded my head, amazed how this all came together.

"Where is everyone now, we were informed Ashley is alright and is awaiting trial in a women's prison, but what about Savannah?"

"Savannah is in a prison in Vegas for multiple counts of murder and child prostitution." Nathan answered.

"Alright, enough of that. But since you know so much, what's going on with Roy and Carmell? I've been so caught up, I have no idea how they're fairing."

"Well, you see Roy-"

"Roy what, I'm here aren't I?" He laughed. "Hey, man, how are you?" Roy asked Alex.

"I'm good, my family's okay and Ashley and Savannah are where they belong."

The visitors kept pouring in and so did the smiles.

Matthew

I stare at my family from outside of Alex's hospital room.

"You could have been apart of this moment if you hadn't been so stupid." Renee's lawyer says to me while holding a little brown child.

I don't respond because I know she's right. The only family that'll talk to me are my parents. My mom still doesn't like Renee so she's standing beside me. My dad is disappointed in me but he says life is too short for him to not talk to his son. Nathan won't return any of my calls and of course Alex won't even aknowledge me unless it's baseball related. I haven't tried to talk to Renee again and Ashley is incarcerated but even she doesn't want to see me.

Who do I have to blame for this me. If I would have done this, I should have done that. It's nice to think but it's too little too late. Maybe next time, if I'm ever given the opportunity again, I'll think before I act and get it right.

~ One Year Later ~

Renee

We're having a family picnic. The triplets are over a year old, Rae is three and now a chatterbox and Alex and I couldn't be more happy.

We found a beautiful meadow in a secluded spot. Alex and I sat on our giant blanket, surrounded by food and watched our children.

Last season, the team lost right before the end of the World Series. Alex wasn't able to play due to his injuries but thanks to Roy, and Andre, the defeat wasn't too bad. The cupcakes on my side, came out perfectly and without delay thanks to Marie with a little help from Me'Shel.

"This is the life. Everything I've ever dreamed of." Alex said.

I smiled so hard at that, I thought the corners of my mouth would rip.

"Well, almost." He finished.

My smile was quickly replaced with a frown. "What do you mean-"

I turned to face Alex and found him kneeling, a ring box in hand.

"I've waited my whole for you. Not someone like you but specifically you. I love the family we have and I hope we can make it grow...with you as my wife. Renee Aspen Charles, will you marry me?"

I tackled Alex, forcing him to nearly fall on his back but his strength prevented that from happening. "Yes, I'll marry. I hope you have a plan on how to plan this wedding quickly because, I'm pregnant."

The End

*****

Author's Note:

I feel like this was an abrupt ending but at the same time I feel like I did a good job. This is my first story but not my last.

Thank you to everyone who read and commented as I updated and I hope you continue to read and comment on future stories.

Sincerely,

Kendall