CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Matthew

Everything has been perfect the last two weeks. My dad's come by to visit with my family and my mom, Ashley, and Matthew have kept their distance, and Renee and the babies are in perfect health. We still don't know the gender of the third baby and haven't begun to talk about names but I'm happier then I've been in a really long time. So of course, someone had to come and ruin it.

I was leaving the locker room after practice when a voice the used to turn me on sounded from behind me.

"Hey, Darling, we need to talk." Ashely purred, sliding her hand from my shoulder to my stomach.

I moved away from her. "What do you want Ashley?" I asked, trying to let some form of irritation show. The bad thing was, I was still attracted to Ashley, pregnant belly and all. Maybe I have a fetish.

"Look, I appreciate you trying to take one for the team by claiming that girl's baby as yours but your actual child and I need you. I plan on leaving Matthew very soon and you need to take care of me."

I backed away from Ashley even further. "Am I hearing you right, cause when I first asked if you were pregnant you swore to me that the bby was Matthew's. Don't get me wrong, if the baby is mine, I'll take care of him or her, but not before a DNA and you and the baby are not a package deal. If you leave Matthew and can't provide for the child I will gladly take sole custody." I stood firm, I thought long ad hard about this. Now all I need to do is tell Renee.

"What's wrong with you?" Ashley asked, walking towards me. "You and I both know this is an act. Your only with that woman to keep her away from Matthew", she started getting loud. "I don't want him anymore, I want you, so you can stop playing house with her and come back to me!"

I heard a noise coming from behind me, that's when I remembered we were out in the open. I turned around and saw Renee, tears streaming down her face and all I saw was her anguish.

Renee

Is that all this was, a means for him to make Ashley happy? Her baby might be his and he used me to help her get Matthew, a man I never wanted after that first night.

Stop! Stop, don't think like this!

My mind stopped me when Matthew turned around. He looks hurt, like his eyes are willing me not to believe Ashley's words.

What should I do?

"I'll meet you at home. We have a lot to talk about. Don't come home until you're done for the day and ready to tell me everything." With that, I turned and left, mentally giving both of them the finger with every stride.

One thing I wasn't going to do was treat Alex the way he treated me when I told him about me and Matthew. Ashley's due around the same time as me, so if Alex is the father that means he slept with her before he met me and I can't fault him for that.

The drive home was slow, I took the scenic route, clearing my mind, then preparing for the talk that woud eventually happen.

When I entered the house, the first thing I did was pack a bag with my essential's and clothing for a week. I did the same for Renee. Then I called Carmell, asking her if Rae could stay with her from five, when the daycare closes, till I can come get here. She agreed so I called Andre next, asked him to pick up Rae from daycare and then drop Rae off at Carmell's.

He asked what was wrong and I appreciated his concern, but I wasn't in the mood to share. "Andy, I'll call you if I need you and I may tell you what's wrong, or not. I just need to know that Rae and I will be able to stay with you if you need to."

Andre pondered that in silence for a moment, then answered, "Of course, anything you need. You know I'm here for you."

"Feed Rae when you pick her up, please." I said.