CHAPTER THREE

Alexander

Why does Matthew wanna talk to Renee alone?

"I don't have time to talk to right now. Coach Nixon has my email address if you need to talk to about something then shoot me an email." Renee responds.

I grin at how she's treating Matthew because he's so used to people kissing his butt and flirting with him. This is refreshing and I can tell he doesn't like the rejection.

"This is important." Matthew forces out through gritted teeth.

With a sigh, Renee puts her hands on her hips and fully faces Matthew. Clearly not happy he's pushing the subject. After a moment she turns towards Andre and I. "I'll meet you at your car, Alex. Just give me five minute-"

"Ten minutes." Matthew interrupts.

"Three minutes to talk to him. You can even time me." She smiles her beautiful smile, showing teeth, at me and I swear that alone has made my crappy day wonderful.

"Alright, I'll pull up to the front of the building and wait for you." I bend down and kiss her cheek. I make sure to send a look that says, we'll talk about this later, to Matthew when my lips leave her skin.

"Thank you." She shyly replies. Andre and I leave Renee alone in the now empty conference room.

"Your feelin' my sister." Andre nudges me with his shoulder.

"Instead of getting defensive like I normally would had someone made that comment, I admit it. "Yeah, I am. Is she single?"

"My sister doesn't date so yeah, she's single."

I looked over at Andre. "So if I ask her out she'll turn me down?" I didn't like the idea of that.

"She's feelin' you too so I don't think she'll turn you down."

I nod my head. "I hope she doesn't."

As we rounded the corner, we came across a frantic looking Ashley. She stopped before looking like a deer caught in headlights.

After a long dramatic pause, I decided to speak first. "Ashley."

She cleared her throat and patted down her hair. "Alexander. Um,"

"Andre." Andre answered.

"Right, Andre. Have you guys seen Matthew?"

"He's in the conference room talking to the owner of Nonna's Kitchen." I answered.

"The owner of Nonna's Kitchen is here? OMG I have to meet her!" Ashely squealed as she pushed Andre and I aside and headed to the conference room.

"You probably shouldn't have done that. Ashley's the jealous type and your sister is far from ugly. She sees her alone, talking to Matthew, she'll go crazy."

"She's not crazy enough to lay a hand on my sister."

I shugged and continued to walk toward my venetian Red 2015 Sonata, Andre headed toward his electric blue Honda Civic. "I'll meet you at..." Andre waited.

"The Circle." I yelled back. The circle was a nice little bistro that I'm sure Renee would love.

Renee

Ugh, how long does he plan on keeping me here. I glacce at my right wrist for the third time, as if a watch rest there. "Look, Matthew I told you what I planned to do so don't worry about me exposing your secret."

"Why didn't you tell you me you owned Nonna's Kitchen?"

"When was I suppose to tell you, hmm? When we were having sex, when you walked out on me, or when you told me you'd paid for my abortion?" I screamed at him.