CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Carmell

"Here, Penelope, these are the papers so you can start work tomorow."

Penelope is a meek mouse. She took the papers from my hand and muttered a 'thank you'.

"Okay so while you do that, close your ears. Renee," I shook her awake. "We need to talk about what's going on."

"Then talk." Renee muttered.

"We have to get to Savannah before the boys do. If anything goes wrong, if someone tells anyone outside our cirlce, we're all in trouble. So I suggest we make a deal with Savannah, pay her to go away. You and Alex are billionaires, I'm sure together you have enough money to make her go and stay away."

"Or you could just file a restraining order and keep the police on speed dial." Penelope quietly suggested.

Why didn't I think of that? I nodded in agreement, "You're right, Penelope, do you know if your brother has proof about anything Savannah's done?"

"I-I don't know but if he does and if I asked...he wouldn't tell me." She looked embarrassed. Not gonna lie, Penelope is adorable, she's like a little sister I never got but always wanted. I mean, I have a younger sister but not one that anyone would want to be associated with.

"Renee, do you think-" I turned back to Renee and saw tha she was dead asleep. I covered her up and led Penelope to the door. "Don't tell anyone what we talked about, alright?"

Penelope nodded.

I led her out of the door and into the living room where the boys waited.

Roy

I know deep down Carmell doesn't agree with our idea but if we go through it, I know we can count on her.

"Sweets, come here." I called Carmell over. When she reached me, I pulled her onto my lap and kissed her temple. Everyone was watchinig us but I ignored her. "What did you guys talk about?"

"Alternatives." She answered. If anything, I can always count on her to be honest when I ask her something.

"What are the alternatives?" I pulled back.

"Involving the police before before Savannah contacs us." She said loud enough to purposely get everyone's attention.

"Based on what?" Andre asked.

She looked to Trevor. "Do you hav proof she killed someone?"

"She has the knife she used on her."

"I don't want you directly involved unless we get in trouble." I told her.

She glared at me and got off my lap. "I don't want it to come to that. I'm trying to thing of a legal option to get Savannah to go away."

"Right, cause Savannah does things by the books." I started to raise my voice.

"I don't give a damn about Savannah not following some code, we don't have to play by the same rules she does!"

"Calm down, both of you." Alex said. "Renee is alseep, you wake her up and I'll kick your ass, Roy."

I shook my head, got up and left. I tried to pull Carmell along with me out the door but she pulled away and ran into Renee's room. "Whatever." So I left.

I text Jasmine, a girl I've been talking to long before I met Carmell.

Me: Can I come over?

Jasmine: Yea I was gonna call you later but now is good ;)

Me: omw ;)

Trevor

We arrived back at our new apartments. I was living in the first apartment with Jason and Samuel. Granma Mandy was next door with Penelope nd Derek.