CHAPTER TEN

Matthew

I can't believe Ashley! I tried so hard to keep my fathering Renee's kids away from Ashley only to have throw it in my face that she's known from the beginning.

After my conversation with Alexander, I went home to a pregnant, lazy Ashley. She was about two months at this point. A tiny baby bump graced her stomach and she was acting like she was ready to give birth any day now.

I confronted her about sleeping with Alexander and she laughed! Laughed in face and pointed out that she knew Renee's kid was in fact mine. What could I say to that? I admitted and dropped the whole subject entirely. Unfortunately, it wasn't that simple. As the months progressed, Ashley grew more weepy and angry. She constantly asked why I slep with Renee, what did Alexander and I see in her. If that was bad enough, she continued to seek Alexander out. Asking if I knew where he was going after practice, who he was with, if he was still hung up on that bitch Renee, her words not mine.

Whatever, it doesn't matter because at the end of the day Ashley's carrying my baby and we'll be linked together forever.

Alexander

After a well-planned, amazing night with Renee, I was awoken by a phone ringing in the distance.

"Hello." Renee answered sleepily. "This is she." She listened for a little and then sat up as quickly as her pregnant body would let her.

This put me on guard as well. "Baby, what's wrong?" I sat up and switched on the lights on the bedside table.

Tears were streaming down Renee's face but she continued on the phone. "Yes, I understand. She did? I had no idea. It's a four hour drive. I'm currently unable to drive. Yes I can make it. I'll be there before nightfall so please make sure- yes, thank you so much." Then she clicked the disconnect button on her phone.

"Baby, talk to me." I was now standing in front of her, wiping her tears.

She was now crying so hard she was hyperventilating. "My-my-my sister, she-she died!"

"Oh." I embraced her. "I caught a little of your conversation. Go shower, get dressed, and packed. How long do you need to stay?"

"Um what's today?" She asked, a little calmed down.

I looked at the clock which read 5:00am. "Tuesday now."

"I want her funeral to be this Saturday."

"Alright, do as I said and I'll wake up Andre and tell him to pack for a five day trip and then to meet you in here so you can tell him why. I'll run to my house, shower and pack, get gas, and then I should be ready to go. You said it was a four hour drive, right?"

She nodded her head.

I kissed her forehead. "Alright, Baby. Get a move on."

Andre

Renee hugged me. "I'm so sorry, they called me about an hour ago."

I hugged her back. "Sis, it's okay. We both knew that lifestyle would get her killed."

She pulled away. "Her lawyer called me and he doesn't think she was killed by some John, he thinks Angela was killed by Savannah." She finished.

Savannah. How could she kill her own daughter? Stupid question, after all, she had no problem pimpin' Angela out at the age of twelve.

"Does he have any proof?"

Renee wiped the tears that refused to stop falling. "No, just from things Angela said and how organized she was. Everything is arranged, she even has a will. According to him, everything was finalized two days ago. If it hadn't been, everything would have gone to Savannah, including Rae."