CHAPTER ELEVEN

Renee

It's Friday night. Carmell, Roy and Nathan drove down from California to come to the funeral. Andre said he called Me'Shel on Tuesday when he called everyone else but she didn't answer. I called her on Wednesday when Carmell and everyone else was on their way over.

The babies have been kicking the mess out of me, Alex has been trying to make up for lost time by touching and rubbing my belly at every opportunity and it's annoying me. Add Me'Shel to the mix and my patience has died.

My phone rang, Me'Shel's name popped up.

Speak of the devil..."Hello." I answered.

"Hey, what's up?"

"What's up? What's goin' on with you, Me'Shel?"

"Sorry, Girl, me and Marcus are fighting and it's just...ugh!" She screamed.

"Is that why you haven't been to work since Monday?"

"Wha-how do you know when I've been to work. you haven't been there either." She started throwing attitude.

"I have Mondays off and if you'd answer your goddamn phone you'd know why I haven't been there!" Me'Shel is messing with the wrong one.

"Look, I'm sorry, Girl. Just tell me what's up."

"What's up, Me'Shel, is that I'm in Vegas with Andre, Alex, Carmell, and a bunch of other people who we're friends enough with me to answer the damn phone!" I exploded. Me'Shel's constant abscence when it came to Marcus plus my hormones had officially pushed me over the edge.

"Calm the hell down and tell me why your there!"

"We're here because my sister died! My older sister died and we're burying her tomorrow!"

Me'Shel's gasp could be heard over the phone, "I'm sorry for your lose, I wish I could be there but Marcus-"

"Marcus this, Marcus that." I mocked. "I was in your life before Marcus but keep doin' what your doin' and I won't be there after." I hung up after giving her my ultimatium.

"Baby, you shouldn't go so worked up, it's not good fr you or the babies." Alex waalked over to the bed where I sat and helped me lay down, pulling the covers over me.

"Where is everyone?"

"Andre is in his room, Rae is in hers, and Carmell, Nathan and Roy went back to their penthouse suite." Each penthouse suite had three bedrooms. Since there were six of us, two suites was just the right amount.

Alex took off his clothes and changed into his pajamas in the bathroom. When he returned, her turned off all the lights and got into bed beside me. He slipped his hand under the covers and my shirt and rubbed my belly. "Are you ready?"

"For tomorrow, no. We haven't seen Savannah since we've been here but I know she knws we're here."

"Well I'm still hoping she doesn't but regardless, I won't let her anywhere near you or Rae and when this is all over, we'll take Rae home with us and start our life with her." He tried to comfort me but I had too much on my mind for it to work.

"Home." I turned on my side and faced him. "If we're going to raise Rae together like a real family-"

"And our babies."

I couldn't help but smile. "If we're going to raise all three of them together, like I'm mom and your dad-"

"I am their dad and your definitely their mom."

"Okay, okay." I laughed. "The point I'm trying to get to is about our living situation."

Alex nodded his head and looked at me. "I was going to tell you this before everything happened and thn I decided to wait until things calmed down, but since you asked." He went to his bag and pulled out his iPad. After fiddling around on it, he handed it to me. "Here lok at these."