CHAPTER SEVEN

Ashley

I woke up alone. Matt was probably still in his man-cave throwing a fit about this and that. As we walked into our home, he complained about our engagement, then about our living arrangement.

***

As soon as we walked through the door, Matt let me have it. "What the fuck is wrong with you, why would you tell my mom we were planning on getting married!"

As I texted, I replied with a laugh, "Because we are silly."

"Since when?!"

I spared him a glance. "Since we met."

He scrubbed his hand down his face and looked to the ceiling. "Ashley, Sweetie, I have no intention of marrying you."

"Ha! That's a good a one."

Matt stepped in front of me. "I'm not joking, Ashley. I have no intention of ever marrying you, of marrying anyone."

"Right." I was busy making arrangements so I just said right to make this conversation go faster.

"Your not hearing me, I love you but marriage has never- who are you texting?! Put the phone down and listen to me!" His voice rose the longer he spoke.

"Calm down, Matt, I'm trying to find a mover truck."

"Why do you need a mover truck?"

"So we can move my stuff here. We're having a baby together, you don't honestly expect us to live in separate houses do you?"

He sighed in defeat. "No, no, your right, you do that. But did you hear anything I said about marriage?"

"Uh yeah, something about me having to do all the planning right?"

"Wow, really!?! You didn't hear a word I said!"

His tone frightened me enough to look up. He was leaning over me, fists clenched, face red. So I did what I did best. I dropped my phone on the seat next to me on the couch. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed my way from his jaw to his lips. I knew I won when his arms tightened around me.

"Let's not fight, Matt. Take me upstairs and fuck me." Matt loved when I talked dirty to him.

That did the trick. Matt swung me into his arms bridal style and carried me up the stairs and into his bedroom, where he fucked me into the night.

***

Apparently that wasn't enough because at some point after I fell asleep, Matt left me. With a shrug, I hopped out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to complete my morning ritual.

He can be mad for all I care. That's why Alex is the better looking brother. His natural olive skin is better than Matt's tanned skin from being out in the sun. Alex's dick is bigger too. Hell, I might take Alex for another spin before I completely give him up for good. Just remembering what it was like with him between sheets is enough to get me wet. I might never give Alex up.

Hair and make-up fully done, I made my way to the stairs in my bright pink bra and matching thong from Victoria's Secret and my sheer black robe, which I left wide open, when I heard a door slam.

He did not just leave me here. I thought.

I checked his man-cave, workout room, and both downstairs bathrooms. No Matt. That son of a bitch! Well, if he thinks I'm gonna just sit around, waiting for him to come home, he has another thing coming.

I stomped back to the bedroom and retrieved my hot pink iPhone, searching for Alex's number.

He answered on the third ring, "Hello?"