CHAPTER FOUR

Renee

Oh my God, I almost threw up right there in front of Alex and Andre. That was close. Or maybe throwing up on the table would have been a good thing. When they asked what was wrong I could've just blurted out that I'm pregnant. Aw but Alex is so cute! Sigh, what's done is done. I'm pregnant, there's no way I could possibly date Alex under these circumstances.

There were two quick knocks on the door followed by Alexander's voice, "Baby, are you okay in there?"

Baby? "Yeah, I'm fine, Alex. On my way out now."

I cleaned myself up then opened the door and came inches away from all that is Alexander Donovan. He gently placed his hands on my hips and his forehead against mine. "You don't feel hot. Do you feel sick? I could hear you throwing up in there."

It's now or never. "Alexander, I need to tell you something."

"Alexander? Why am I Alexander now? Is that what you'll call me from now on whenever we need to talk about smething serious? Cause I'm okay with that. How about from now on I call you Baby but when I need to talk to you about a serious matter, I'll call you Renee."

I seriously liked the sound of that. It sounded an awful lot like he was planning the dynamics of our future relationship. "Yeah, I'm okay with that." I smiled. Stop it, girl, You need to tell him about the bambini's in your tummy. You know he's not gonna stick around after you do. "Like I was saying earlier, Alexander, I need to tell you-"

"Alex, hey we're here!" The blonde from earlier yelled as she waved her arm in the arm, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. "What are you guys doing over there! Come sit down so we can eat!" She continued to shout.

Sigh. "She's calling for you."

"She's calling for us." Alex grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the bright Ashley and the sullen Matthew. "Hey, Matt, why the long face?" Alex asked as he patted Matthew on the back with his free hand.

At this point, Ashley was staring at mine and Alexander's joined hands. "Are you guys together or something? Why are you holding hands?" She bluntly asked.

"I haven't officially asked her on a first date yet, Ashley, but I plan to and after that I do plan to ask her to be my girl."

"But didn't you two just meet, like, today?"

"When you know, you know." Alex replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

Ashley huffed and glared at Alex. "Alex, can I talk to you alone?"

Matthew looked at Ashley, "Sweetie, I thought you were starving?"

"Um, I am but I really need to speak to Alex."

"Renee is starving so we're gonne eat first. If you need to talk to me you can do it via phone call or text." My hand still in his, Alex pulled me away towards our table where Andre and Matthew's twin brother, Nathan, sat in wait. This left a huffy Ashley and gloomy Matthew to follow.

"Remind me to kill Andre and Nathan later." I whisper to Alex.

"Why?"

"They didn't tell me Nathan had a twin brother or that you were related to them. I could have met you sooner."

Alex squeezed my hand and his smile widens as he continues to lead me to our table.

Alexander

I don't know what Ashley's problem is but I plan to keep my distance from her for the rest of my life. The problem is that she won't let me.

Ashley: Why won't u talk to me

Me: I'm talking to u now

Ashley: I mean face to face. R u afraid to be alone w/ me?