CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Alexander

"...but Alex, Boo boo Bear, we need you!" Ashley exclaimed.

"Ashley, I'm happy with the relationship I'm in. When the baby is born we'll take a DNA test. The baby turns out to be mine, I'll be there, but I won't be with you."

She sniffled. "But I already broke up with Matthew, he-he's said he's gonna kick me out when the baby comes." She wailed.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry to hear that, Ashley, but you made your bed." I hung up before she could say more.

Renee

"...just wait until I get my hands on you, you think they can protect you forever..."

I hung up the phone. The phone calls haven't gone away and the caller has grown bolder. I get the feeling it's someone I know but the voice is disguised, I have no idea who it is.

"You okay, Baby." Alex asks from behind me.

"Another phone call." I respond.

Alex takes the Galaxy Note 3 from my hand and breaks it.

Time for a new phone, again. I thought. "Great, the Note 4 is out so you can buy me that." I waddled out of the kitchen.

"I'll send someone to go pick it up, you need to get back in bed."

"Have you checked on Rae lately?" I asked.

Alex laughed. "She's fine, you know, my dad does have experience raising kids."

"Where did he take her?"

"The Play Museum."

Ah, that new place for kids. The entire thing was designed for kids ages one to twelve years old to play and explore. I nodded. "Good choice."

As Alex helped me to the bedroom, I felt something week trickle down my leg. "Crap, I think I just peed my pants." I whisper.

"Your not wearing any pants and I don't think that's pee." Alex says in awe. "I think your water broke.

"What! Bu-but I'm not having any contractions, not pain at all! Call Dr. Howard, now!" I shriek at him.

I waddle to the closet where I already have a bag packed and lie it on the bed. Then I pull a maxi dress from the closet and clean bra and panty set from my drawer and head to the bathroom. While I'm doing this, Alex is on the phone talking to Dr. Howard.

Knock knock

"Dr. Howard said you're more than likely going into labor. He said it's common to be early and not have contractions yet because we're having multiples."

I turn off the shower water and huff and puff out and put on my clothes. As soon as I stepped into the shower, the pain began. I could feel the contractions but I don't think they're close enough for me to actually start to worry.

When I step out of the bathroom, Alex looks a mess.

"Was it really necessary for you to take a bath, we need to get you to the hospital."

I step directly before him, my belly to his abs. "Babe, relax. I just started having contractions and they're like 20 minutes apart. We had time, and we have time now. I'm ready to go so we can leave." I kiss his cheek and lead the way to the car.

Alex catches up with me. "I'm sorry, Baby, I'm just worried. I love you and I don't want anything to happen to our family." He kissed my temple.

"Thank God." I said when we arrived at the hospital. We've been pretty lowkey our whole relationship so the number of press watching us was minimal. Especially since most of their focus was on Matthew and Ashley's relationship.