Chapter 18

***Edited***

Ariana's PoV:-

The similar blue eyes, stared at me, travelling from my head to toe.

I smiled considering whether should I hug him or shake his hands.

"Hey,..." I said thinking about going for the hug.

Ryan must've seen my move so he stepped back, a little.

"Miss Adams" he said nodding.

My smile vanished when I saw the coldness in his eyes and his frowning face.

I took a step back, a lone tear fell off my cheeks, I couldn't help it, sorry!

"Miss Adams, I would like to see your qualifications for the job of an editor" he said taking a long sip from his tumbler of whiskey.

"I...Ryan.." I started but was cut off by him,

"Mr. Knight" he shouted.

"I...I...." I couldn't form any words.

I have never seen him this angry I have never seen him like this. I always have seen love and adoration from him but never have I seen these cold eyes.

"I do not have hours for this, Miss Adams" he yelled bringing me back to the reality.

I flinched at his voice and wrapped my arms around myself almost crying.

I gathered myself, taking a deep breath,  said, "Mr. Knight, my education is not completed . I mean...I sort of sold my novels to them and was hired as a novelist at first, later I got the job of the editor, considering my work. Education didn't matter"

"It does for me, so you can grab your things and leave my office this instant" he said pouring out another peg of whiskey and chucking it down in a go.

"I...I...need this jo...." I started but was cut off by him immediately

"Miss Adams you may leave, now" he said.

"Ok?" I said rather asked.

He nodded turning around, he poured another glass of whiskey.

He was drunk already, what does he think it's just 11 in the morning, how can anyone drink at this hour.

Without thinking, I pulled the tumbler of whiskey from his hand and placed it away from his reach.
He was angry ofcourse but resisted himself fisting his hand.

"What the fuck do you think, you are doing , Miss Adams? " he said harshly.

"I guess you are pretty drunk , and it's early for that" I said.

"Never ever cross your limits and touch me or my things , ever, Miss Adams" he said.

"But Ryan, you..."

"I am Mr. Knight for you , Miss Adams" he yelled.

I flinched away from the loud growl.

He stood up, inched my way, when he was just an inch away from me, he leaned in inhaling me, and closed his eyes as if he breathed the air after a long time.
He inched his lips almost touching them with mine.
He opened his eyes, and was startled to be so close.

He took a step back, and muttered some swears.

"You said , you need this job, Miss Adams"? He asked.

"Yeah, I won't be able to afford ehem.." I said when I was about to say a five year old's expenses.

"Great, You can prostitute yourself to me, then" he said nonchalantly.