Chapter 21

***Edited***

Ariana's PoV:-

It's been a few weeks since Ryan appeared at my place. He has been distant with me since then. I wanted to contact him to thank him but there was not that courage left in my heart. Just to look at his face brings back alot of memories. It pierces my heart apart to be with him but unable to touch him , hold him or just make him smile.

He has changed alot. His eyes has lost all its brightness and happiness. He never smiles looking at me anymore. Moreover, the worst part of all this pain is the guilt, the guilt to hide his daughter from him. I know he would have wanted to be with his daughter at that time and no matter what , he must've came back to me leaving behind all his dreams. I wanted him to follow his dreams and burdening him with a pregnant woman and a child wouldn't have allowed him to do that.

I have been looking for a job and thus I got a job as a Content Writer, with the help of the documents he returned me the other day.

The publishing house where I now work is very small , consists of only two offices , one mine and the other one of my boss , Adrian. 

To work in such a cranky place is the worst nightmare of my life. The place is always dirty as Adrian has not appointed any cleaning staff. He doesn't have any PA and expects me to do his work too.
The worst part is that he is a misanthrope.
He never fails to touch me inappropriately.
I want to chop his fingers into pieces but I won't get any job and for Bella I have to earn.

Sasha babysits Bella more frequently because I have to work for late hours nowadays.

I finished my work exactly at 7:30pm and started packing my bag to leave for the day. Adrian was in his office compiling some paper work, the building was poorly lit and I could smell some foul stale food in the corridor.

How I wish to be in the warmth of my home with my daughter right now. I miss being with her.

Ever since I lost my job, Bella and I have not got any time together, by the time I pick her up and we reach home she is too sleepy to chat with.

I entered his office peeking in it , I saw he was sitting behind his desk with some papers and a cigarette in hand.

"Adrian, I am heading home, Ok?" I said.

"Yeah ok, Ariana, could you please help with the filing,? " he said.

I thought for a second, it's Bella's sleeping time already. I nodded and entered the office with a heavy heart.

I started compiling his papers into the file , he was sitting behind the desk, smoking and eyeing me. Creep!

I hurriedly completed the work and stacked his files into the rack. I was trying to reach to the upper most row because of my short height it was quite difficult for me, when suddenly something pushed me into the cabinet.

Adrian?.

My heart started racing faster panicking. He grabbed my ass and squeezed it , I wriggled my way out of his grasp and pushed him hard. I then started for the door, he grabbed my hair roughly and pushed me into the wall behind.

"Adrian, leave me, " I shouted tears started appearing in my eyes.

"You are a tease Ariana, I want you" he hushed near my ear , licking it thereafter. I could smell the alcohol in his breath and the foul smell of cigarettes.

I pushed him hard and he stumbled backward a little. I then kicked him there picking up my bag I made my way out of his office, crying. He was grumbling in pain already, but before I could leave his office he grabbed my leg making me fall into the ground.