❀ 𝑺𝑴𝑶𝑲𝑬

smoking (weed) with them

john
you rest your head back on the arm of your couch, gentle fingers massaging your pulsing temples. a couple of familiar clicks from your lighter causes you to peek through a few of your dangling fingers at john who was nursing a rolled blunt between his lips. covering the flame with his hands, he puffs out a gust of smoke before leaning back on the couch and tossing the lighter on the glass coffee table. you plop your feet in his lap and he cups a foot in his unoccupied hand, massaging around the sore plane of your sole.
passing the joint over to you, you take it between your fingers and suck in the smoke, sighing dramatically.
"you feeling better?" john veers, bringing your foot up to his mouth for a quick kiss.
you smile tranquilly, extending your arm out for him to take a hit again, "this is definitely a start,"

paul
within the first few minutes, paul has taken one too many puffs and lets out a dry cough that causes you to turn to him abruptly. on your second round now, you were no where near coming down from the high you had already gotten for yourself and you stifle a laugh at the sight of his reddening face, his large hand patting his chest and waving the odorous smoke away from his face.
"here, here-" he huffs and you take the blunt willingly, plucking off the excess ash and staring at him with a crooked smirk. he looks over at you, eyes bloodshot and nostrils flared. he squints his eyes at you ridiculously before letting out a shrill laugh, curling up and beginning to giggle like a school girl. you lose it immediately and join him in his maniacal laughter, unable to keep it in any longer.

george
his hand finds yours and intertwines your fingers. your heads tilt back and your eyes close as the quiet highs wash over your sleepy bodies. the feeling of your bare feet sliding against the cool tile of the patio sends a shiver up your spine as he, steadily, sways you both back and forth on your porch swing. you enjoyed nights like this most when the two of you could revel in the silence of the night with heightened senses. the blues and grays were illuminated all around and the stars twinkled their secrets at the two of you from above. his thumb drags its pad against the skin of your knuckles in such a soothing pattern and your eyes slowly flutter open to welcome the darkness enveloping the world around you.

ringo
he looks so peaceful with his head between your legs, arm leaning over your thigh and draping over the edge of the couch. he tilts his head back to meet your eyes and you smile lazily at him, the joint between your lips. you could see his world spinning endlessly within his blown eyes. you move the blunt to his face and then settle it between his own lips, allowing him a few puffs before you remove it and let the thick smoke float up into your face as he spews it out leisurely. you take another slow drag and settle the cigarette against the ashtray before holding his head gently with both hands and blowing the smoke back down into his face, watching through the mist as a sleepy smile pulls against his lips.