♡ 𝑩𝑳𝑬𝑺𝑺𝑬𝑫 / 𝑮𝑬𝑶𝑹𝑮𝑬

blessed

'74

to remember that night is to remember what seemed to be an entire lifetime of warmth and passion. a passion that rattles the bones of men and causes women to weep with unanticipated pleasure. it was something unlike any other experience you'd ever had. or ever could have again. months and months of tender yearning, of lips bruised red and long, lingering embraces had led up to that night. it was beyond anything your mind could have thought up. beyond a first night. for days each glance toward his smiling face would cause you to turn away, blushing, for all you could do was remember it. it was the night that he gave you everything.

the night he showed you how to love.

the two of you had come back to his place for the rest of the evening after a long awaited candlelit dinner where you both devoured an array of appetizers and small plates followed by a brilliant jazz performance at a local theater. all of it had made you rather sleepy, but he kept you enticed as always.

when you made it to his bedroom, the thudding from your heels were met with a perfect harmony of sighs as you finally released your feet from their grip and fingered around for the lamp switch along the bedside table. the light quickly shown around the room and you turned your head to a lonely burgundy case sitting on the bed.

you took it in your hands and placed yourself in its place on his rich duvet. the velveteen cover felt like butter beneath your hands. your mind racked around to figure out what was inside and simultaneously weighed the consequences of opening it on the occasion that it wasn't meant to be yours. pressing your thumb against the clasp, you decided to take a peek into it. as it opened, you caught a glimpse of a shimmering gold despite the darkness that occupied the space inside. a burst of curiosity got the better of you resulting in your finger lifting the top fully and glazing over a precious chain necklace that shined beautifully up at your face. your eyes softened and a smirk made its way upon your lips. it was so stunning that it put you in an absent trance.

so much so that you hadn't even noticed george standing casually in the doorway.

"do you like it?" he mused, the smirk apparent in the tone of his voice. any other time you would've jumped out of your skin in shock, but your eyes were trained hard on the gorgeous piece and all you could do was nod which he secretly found to be the most adorable thing he'd ever seen.

having taken off his own shoes downstairs, his socked feet padded against the floor to the bed. his tall body shadowed the box and caused you to look up at him. he'd put his hair behind his ears and was smiling down at you with bright eyes. you quickly met his smile with a grin and allowed him to take the box from your hands.

your eyes followed as he removed the necklace from its bed and admired it between his delicate fingers.

"it's yours," he said as he sat down close beside you. you had known that to be true and yet your cheeks still reddened at his words. and you knew he was looking at you. the same way he had been looking at you all night; you couldn't remember a time where his eyes left you beside this brief moment alone.

you turned your back to him and he brought the chain around your neck, clasping it together with ease. his warm breath lingered against your shoulder before he pressed a gentle, yet knowing kiss there. you turned your head slightly to acknowledge his touch and he kissed you again, his hands on your arms this time.

"i wanted to show you how much you mean to me," he murmured, ghosting his fingertips against your skin, "how badly i want you..."