._

HELLO BELOVED PLAYER.

WELCOME 

TO

PERILATION: THE GAME.

.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

.

YOU HAVE TEN WEEKS TO COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE THAT ONLY A SELECT FEW PLAYERS HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH...

BEAT ALL LEVELS OF THE GAME IN CONSECUTIVE ORDER WITHOUT FAILING A SINGLE LEVEL.

.

Jimin's eyes scan the fast-paced words that bleed through his VR headset. He already finds the bubbly font distasteful, which disappoints him. He paid a good amount for this game, and expected much higher of the graphic quality.

So much for clicking on a stupid advertisement.

.

THIS GAME IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PHYSICAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL HARM THAT THE CONTENTS OF THIS GAME MAY INFLICT ON THE PLAYER. BY PURCHASING AND PLAYING THIS GAME, YOU THE PLAYER UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROCEEDING AT YOUR OWN RISK.

.

Jimin scoffs. Risks and him have never blended well in the past, but that is about to change. He knows attempting this challenge is probably idiotic on his part--he is scared of almost anything in the entire Book of Phobias. Nonetheless, he isn't about to let that fact dissuade him from continuing.

.

THIS GAME MAY CONTAIN FLASHING IMAGES AND DISTURBING CONTENT. ANY PLAYERS WITH EPILEPSY OR A HISTORY OF SEIZURES ARE ASKED TO PRESS THE BUTTON IN OPTIONS THAT DISABLES PHOTOSENSITIVE FEATURES. 

ANY PLAYER WITH A HISTORY OF PANIC DISORDER, ANXIETY ATTACKS, OR TRAUMA SHOULD NOT CONTINUE WITH THIS GAME. 

.

"Good thing I don't have any of those!" 

Jimin finds his Converse a little more active than usual, shuffling around the wood of his living room floor. He hopes Hoseok won't come in to interrupt his game, but Hoseok isn't supposed to get back from class for another two hours. 

That should be enough time for him to beat the first level of the ten week challenge, right?

.

PLAYERS MUST FIRST REGISTER USING A VALID NAME AND BIRTH DATE. THIS ENSURES THAT THE GAME IS TAILORED TO FIT YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, AND ALLOWS YOU TO QUALIFY FOR THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED'WINNER'S CIRCLE' IF YOU MANAGE TO COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE.

NOTE: ONLY A HANDFUL OF USERS HAVE REACHED THE WINNER'S CIRCLE.

.

"That's a stupid note." Jimin's heels click together outside of the game. "They're just trying to play 'you weak little chicken' on me, force me into anticipating an extremely hard game. By doing that, my guard will go up and I'll be more apt to fail. That's a pretty low psychological tactic, game makers! Pre-tty fuck-ing low."

Jimin feels his hands grow sweaty as he babbles on. Why? Well, he falls for the tactic. 

Knowing only a few players in history have beaten the game out of the thousands who've played it makes him want to play Perilation even less. Especially since he isn't really 'qualified' to be playing it--he's scared of stupid things like mascots and tall bookshelves for fuck's sake.