No One's Going To Serve You Happiness On a Silver Platter!

The world is falling apart at the seams as the truth finally surfaces to pull Jimin under with it. 

Jungkook is...coming over? He's...in Seoul right now? Did Hoseok tell him where we lived? Oh no...he--I...I really want him here, but I'm not ready for this. 

Nerves bundle in uncomfortable areas of his gut as he anxiously wanders through the duplex. With antsy hands, he shoves chairs against the wall, pushes tables to the side. He has to make his home somewhat wheelchair accessible for the younger. An unfortunate mixture of guilt, shame, and anticipation worm through Jimin's system as he cleans. He's glad that Jungkook is coming to see him...to comfort him...but he's extremely nervous about what the other is going to say.

His purple hair gets tousled time and time again as he paces around, his hands wringing his pear-colored top whenever they aren't in his hair. Even if the summer day is relatively cool, sweat beads at his lower back and forehead. His mind races with the possibility that the younger is going to be mad at him.

"He can't be mad at me...he has to understand..." Jimin smashes his overfilled laundry basket into the corner of his closet. It spills out onto the ground, but he pays it no mind. "Jungkook has to understand why I've been apprehensive to tell him. He didn't want to tell me about his paralysis right away. This is the same thing...almost."

Ding!

Jimin starts with a yelp as his phone goes off. He speedily reaches into his sweatpants pocket to fish his phone out. The notification is from Jinyoung.

'Jimin, I have bad news and good news.'

Jimin swallows.

'Good news...the investigators in Busan have found about five more people that are willing to testify against Yoon's company. Turns out, Jeon Junghyun has the most evidence against Mr. Yoon out of them all. He said he'd speak on his father's behalf. Apparently, Yoon & Affiliates has an abundance of fraudulent offshore investments in parts of Southeast Asia that would destroy his entire company if information leaked about them. Also, his company is backed by several gangs in Busan that get paid to harm those that might out-compete Yoon or oust him. There's so much dirty stuff at work here, and we have lots of evidence for a lawsuit.'

Jimin gasps at the text, blinking at the last sentence. Yoon Gyuri won't be able to pull the Daddy Card anymore if the entirety of their Busan monopoly is destroyed. A tiny tug of hope strings around his heart, calming its beat down a bit. Until he reads the next message.

'Bad news. One of our investigators was found beaten in an alley...they rushed him to the hospital, but he's not doing well...we're not just collecting data now, Jimin. Busan's worst gangs must have gotten word of our work. You need to be more careful around Gyuri. After work Hoseok's going to drop by my office to get us all emergency button necklaces...just in case. He'll deliver yours to you later. Stay safe.'

Jimin's stomach plummets into despair. If one of the investigators was beaten up, then surely the company is on high alert. Surely they're willing to stoop low in order to prevent info from getting out...and surely Gyuri is finding out about it from her dad. 

The idea of an emergency necklace scares him more than it comforts him. Imagining some beefy guys breaking into the duplex in the middle of the night makes him clammy with fear. This Pluto Room has got to be the most dangerous and scary one of them all. Fuck...technically Gyuri can't pin any of this on me directly, so she won't come after me...right? The investigators in Busan are doing the work, and I'm in Seoul. I'm in my duplex, safe from the monsters of the world-

The door bell rings. 

Jimin screams.

Before he can get his bearings, heavy knocks tap at the door. Jimin recognizes the Morse Code instantly. (.... . ._. .)