Elaborate, You Vile Fiend!

Jimin has barely placed on his headset when his boyfriend's apologetic voice chugs into his headphones. 

"Listen Melonboy, I'm so so so so so SO sorry about yesterday...can you please just forget I yelled at you like that because I wasn't thinking straight and I was just really hurt by something else entirely but I took it out on you and I really didn't mean to hurt you because I really really really like you Jimin and I never want to hurt you-"

"Jungkook." The purple-haired male duly interrupts his boyfriend's blubbering. A growing serenity of one who has been forgiven rushes into his mind. Jimin rubs comforting circles on the bare skin underneath his pear-colored crop top. "You're forgiven...I'm the one who should be apologizing. I went behind your back to hire the investigator to look for Junghyun without telling you...I didn't realize that he'd been lying to you this entire time about the...about the, um...accident."

Melonaju walks up to the sponge and wraps his virtual arms around Pluto. The cathedral's delicate filtered sunlight tickles the sponge's black eyes, making Pluto97 have a much softer, tamed-down appearance. Why did I ever think this sponge was scary? It's so beautiful...so unique.

Pluto97 raises his spongey arms in tandem with a gush of appreciation. "Oh, Melonboy! No worries. I totally forgive you. I'm happy you are the way that you are 'cause I know I can't stay mad at you for long."

"Unless I kill your mom." Jimin breaks the hug, feeling warmer already. Even if the hug was digital, he needed it.

"Right, right...I'll never stay mad at you unless you kill my mom. Now..."

"Let's get on with the level?"

"Precisely! There are so many dodos in this hallway now, I feel like I'm back at high school."

Melonaju follows the sponge down the lengthy corridor to door 65, only five levels before the final level. "Hey, where did you go to high school? I went to Busan School of the Arts...and didn't Junghyun too? But you never mentioned where you went."

"Right...heh...funny story..." Jungkook's voice tickles his ear, and he adjusts the headset over his purple hair. "I kicked off my high school career in a juvenile detention center-"

"WHAT!" Jimin waits for the younger to giggle, to tell him it's just a joke. But he doesn't. "Wait, really?"

"Yep." The sponge steps up to the level door, playfully knocking on the wood a few times. "My friend dared me to shoplift a pair of earrings from this edgy store in a bad part of town...and uh, well, let's just say the earrings looked nice for a few minutes until I was arrested. I didn't even know the earrings were worth that much...I was only like 14 at the time and couldn't miss out on the challenge...a total Casket Carrier for myself, am I right? Mom suggested I do a year of home schooling, then I went to online. My grades still sucked, haha..."

"You...my lovely boyfriend...a felon!" Jimin laughs into the mic, stomping his Converse on the living room floor. Knowing Jungkook's troubled past, it's easy for him to picture Junghyun telling his family that Jungkook was too buzzed to drink safely. If Jungkook was known as Busan's bad boy, then wouldn't' it make sense for him to crash his father's car? Now I see how they got away with covering it up. No one would doubt some delinquent crashing a car. "Does that mean I get to use handcuffs on you?"

"WOAH WOAH WOAH THERE, MELONSEXY-"

"Only to arrest you, of course. Cuz I failed to arrest you on the Han River trail when you wouldn't stop slurping your stupid lemonade."

"There was some left in the bottom of the cup! That was not a crime!" Jungkook defends, now kicking the door. Wait...

"Jungkook! How are you doing that!!" Melonaju points at Pluto's legs, which move separately to nudge the door with black shoes. "Your controls must have changed! Your legs...oh, it's too beautiful!"