_..

The lights in the classroom are blinding, shining over every single desk like an autopsy room. Bodies litter the desks, seated in the considerably disturbing postures that college students take on during a lecture, except these bodies are animate, living creatures. Jimin walks straight into the room, facing the dozens of searching eyes and judgmental glares with mild shock. 

In real life, Jimin swivels his head around in the VR headset

In real life, Jimin swivels his head around in the VR headset. Behind him, the door has disappeared, replaced by a chalkboard exactly like the one in the room he was just in with Pluto. It bothers him, how quickly his surroundings can change in a game like this. One minute he's chatting aimlessly to his buddy, and the next he's in a new room with a new task that he's unsure of how to handle.

.

♥ Park Jimin! ♥

♥ Welcome to classroom 352! ♥

♥ Introduce yourself to the class. ♥

.

The heart font is a bit unnerving in the situation and doesn't aid in calming him down one bit. Jittery fingers scrape at the skin below his VR headset. With obvious reluctance, he faces the 'class' and what he sees makes his heart pound harder.

Graphically, the students in this class are so eerily realistic that Jimin wonders if he's not being shown footage of a real classroom somewhere in Korea. In each one of the roughly 50 or so closely-knit desks, a different student sits with unique attributes. Various hairstyles, clothes, nose-shapes, and shoes scuffing the floor make Jimin squeamish. They are all so real, all so specifically original beings, yet he knows they're just part of a game. These people don't exist.

But why would the game put so much effort into producing different faces for a fear simulation? Jimin doesn't know, but he damns Sperosity for doing so. The students' curious, silent gazes on him make his stomach twist.

"It's fake..." He whispers, taking a deep breath. "Fake..."

.

♥ That is not adequate. ♥

♥ Try again. ♥

.

Some of the students wiggle around in their desks. Feet scrape at the ground. Taps clink out from a student in the front row of desks who has been staring daggers at Jimin since he walked through the door. 

Tap. Tap. TAP.

This isn't real... He reminds himself. But every cough, impatient desk creak, and sideward glance make him feel like his knees are going to give out. Why does the school atmosphere have to be so stifling?

Jimin isn't sure what he's supposed to do. Introduce himself and then what? Will he have to give a presentation? He doesn't know, and not knowing scares him. However, he clears his throat and tries to give the best introduction he can.