E P I L O G U E

(Update July 2021: Sequel to Pluto Rooms is out now! Entitled Borrowing Fear.)

.

Two Years Later.

.

The sun shines gaily upon the roof of a posh apartment building, filtering through the floor to ceiling windows of the penthouse on the uppermost level of the building. Gentle streaks of sun trace the sides of fluffy couches, tickle the surfaces of stacked candy machines graced with sugary delights, and rain warmly upon the dozing face of a peaceful business man sprawled across the floor in nothing but a crop top and shorts. Catching against the beams of light is a sparkly oddball, a massive diamond engagement ring situated on the sleeping man's left ring finger.

The affirming beep of a key card echoes behind the sleek black doorway to the magnificent abode. An athletically built man admits himself into the room with a creature padding at his feet. The instant the door gets closed behind him, he releases the large brown service dog into his shared three-story penthouse. 

"Plute, go get Melonboy over there! Go get him!"

The dog excitedly bounds off from the brunette businessman, trailing a yellow leash behind him as he approaches his second owner. A wet and curious nose prods at the sleeping boy's face and neck repeatedly, licking the flavored gloss off of parted lips.

"Mmm...Jung...stoop..." Jimin swats at his attacker, his hand meeting with a furry ear. He seems to recognize that the thing licking him is most definitely not Jungkook, and he opens his eyes to the bright sunlight blazing into the room. The dog rolls into Jimin's side, clearly pleased that he got his second owner awake. His tail wags enthusiastically, dark eyes staring into a bellybutton. The purple-haired male wraps his arms affectionately around the dog's neck. "Hi Plute! Who's a good boy? You're a good boy!"

Jimin smooches the top of the dog's head a few times before he attempts to sit up. Across the room, Jungkook sets his business tote on the coffee table, removing his iPad and putting on a Britney Spears remix station. A lusty voice careens into the air between them, and Jimin is on his feet in a second. This is what Jungkook always does whenever he has good news for Jimin. 

"Morning, Kook!" Jimin brushes himself off, the sleepiness in his voice not fully gone yet. "How was your graphics masterclass? The students good to you today I hope?"

Jungkook accepts his fiancée in a welcome hug, running his free hand through Jimin's hair. "One of my students can draw better than me. He's a foreigner from Russia...you should see some of the designs he puts out! Also, why were you sleeping on the floor again, Melonboy...?"

"I was too hot in bed...and I had a bad dream about Gyuri again. You were gone with Plute when I woke up so I just...came out here." Jimin stares at the deep blue area rug where he'd been laying. Plute squirms around there, rubbing his furry face into the carpet and pawing playfully at the strings.

"Aww..." Jungkook kisses the elder on the forehead while I Wanna Go by Britney Spears plays in the background. "I hate that nasty devil of a woman. Why is she still in your dreams? Have you told your therapist about it?"

"Yeah...but she tells me that it's common for survivors of trauma to have nightmares about their past whenever they get stressed." Jimin pulls away from Jungkook, skimming past him towards the kitchen. The younger follows, walking slowly on his own feet towards the lip-shaped barstool seats (Jimin's suggestion) that border the island of their vast granite counter. Jungkook plops into one, adjusting the tight leg braces underneath his suit pants. Jimin continues speakign while his fiancée listens, taking out the blender to make his late morning fruit smoothie blast for breakfo. "I'm getting stressed over filming tomorrow's scene. I'm sure I'll be fine, but...I have to kiss the other lead male and...I haven't kissed anyone else since I met you, and-"