_...

THE GAME WILL BEGIN SHORTLY...

...THE GAME IS ADJUSTING YOUR EXPERIENCE...

..THE GAME IS PSYCHOANALYZING YOUR CHOICES...

..L O A D I N G...PARK JIMIN...L O A D I N G...

.

"Why is this taking so goddamn long? Just throw some spiders on the screen for the first level."

The longer the game takes to prepare his personalized experience, the more antsy Jimin grows. He debates whether or not he should remove his headset, maybe to scuttle to the kitchen for a cup of water or a sweet snack.

But no, he thinks, that might disqualify him for the competition. Keeping the headset on no matter what is the main rule to the game--the major make-it-or-break-it point that could end his chance at getting in the Winner's Circle in seconds. 

What if I were to have an allergic reaction? What if my face was puffing up? What if my contact fell out? Jimin wonders all of these things. How would that be fair, if someone lost the game because of an emergency?

Is winning this game more of a luck streak than an endeavor based on talent? Keeping a gaming headset on for an hour straight would get tiring for anybody, no matter how fearless or competitive they were.

.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

PARK JIMIN, YOUR CHOICES HAVE REGISTERED YOU UNDER THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:

CATEGORY 14: AVOIDER (32.81% of players)

CATEGORY 184: DEPENDENT (26.49 % of players)

CATEGORY 35: DILUTED NEUROTIC (1.31 % of players)

CATEGORY 142: CANDY CANE (3.28 % of players)

CATEGORY 58: SUBCONSCIOUS REALIST (56.23 % of players)

.

"The hell?" 

Jimin scans over his "categories" with a thousand questions racing through his mind. A few he understands, like avoider. If that isn't him in a nutshell, then he blames the tree from which the nut fell. Even dependent makes sense. He depends on Hoseok for a lot of things...guidance, pep-talks, encouragement...a dance-off every once in a while to cheer him up when he gets down. 

All the nights he comes home late from bartending and wakes up at the ass-crack of dawn because of his genetics, Hoseok is his go-to for coffee and messy jam toast. Jimin depends on his best friend for a lot, and Hoseok means a lot to him.

Dependent would belong in the nutshell too.

But diluted neurotic? What is he, an escaped mental patient from the local loonybin?

And the fuck is candy cane? Does he look like a bent over piece of hard sugar, coated with bright reds and whites, expecting someone to suck on him?

"Ew...I mean...ugh! Stupid mind."

Jimin shakes the image and its implications out of his head. Whatever candy cane means, he doesn't think he wants to know.

Subconscious realist doesn't surprise him too much. He isn't much of an idealist--he accepts the ways of the modern world with faint, but honest, disgust and very little mirage. He guesses choosing optimist for himself on the quiz would have been his idealistic side speaking out. Pessimist suits him better. That's why he had chosen communications for his major at Seoul University...