▪️五▫️

👑
five | wu

renjun leaned on to his bed as he patiently waited for his attendant to wake up.

renjun held the younger's hands while he rubbed his thumb on it. the younger has been asleep for half a daw now and it honestly worried renjun. like how the hell sleeping meds lasted this long. or he actually didn't know that sleeping meds can last this long.

suddenly the bedroom door opened making the prince loosen his grip onto the attendant's hands. the prince stood up as he watched the royal investigators slowly came in. but what made his heart beat faster is that, the king, also known as his father, also came in.

despite being afraid of what his father could do, renjun cleared his throat, "so, updates?"

"we found traces of the sleeping meds on the spoon and a bit on the ice cream. results showed that the meds wasn't on the ice cream but was on the spoon which was the one the attendant used." one of the investigators spoke as he showed the spoon that was inside a resealable plastic, and which looked really familiar to renjun.

renjun then confirmed that it was his spoon in which the younger had snatched from him, "okay, continue."

"this only means that the sleeping meds was really directed to you, your majesty. and the meds that was used was pretty strong and your attendant seemed to have took 3/4 of what was in the spoon." one of the investigators continued as he scrolled on his tablet.

renjun frowned as he took a glance at the younger that was sleeping peacefully.

the king then suddenly cleared his throat as he took a stern look at the investigators, "that's all?"

"u-uhm, we have concluded that the one who did this didn't meant to actually kill the prince. because if they did, they should've placed a real poison instead of sleeping meds which meant that they only intended to scare the people in the palace by putting the prince into a deep sleep but it obviously failed and that is thanks to his attendant's observation skills–"

"that's enough." the king ordered making the investigators press their lips into a thin line. the king then motioned for them to get out.

and then there was just silence.

until the king decided to break the ice, "what did i tell you."

renjun shifted his gaze from his attendant to his father. his expression then turned furious, "he saved me. how oblivious can you get?"

"he wouldn't be lying there looking dead if he didn't agreed with you and just forced you to stay inside the palace." the king scoffed, putting his hands inside his pocket.

renjun balled his fist as he clenched his jaw, looking away from his father, "it was not his fault. all he did was to make me happy."

"he's putting your life in danger–"

"no! he's putting his own life in danger by saving me! he fucking saved your son what the hell are you being mad about–"