▪️九▫️

👑
nine | jiu

after hearing that from jeno, jaemin's eyes widened as he quickly placed the plush back before taking a low bow, "i'm deeply sorry for my unexplainable actions, your majesty."

the king laughed along with the queen as he walked towards them, "it's okay young man. you were busy admiring the clinic and we thank you for that."

"i-i'm still sorry, your majesty." jaemin pouted as he have yet took a low bow.

the queen smiled at jaemin, "hey, let's get your elbow cleaned up and treated okay?"

jaemin nodded as he handed jeno the paper bag that has the hair dyes and let himself get pulled towards a room, leaving jeno and the king on the lobby. and there he saw a fluffly looking couch and a cabinet that has cute animal prints. he watched as the queen got a tray that has cotton balls, disinfectant and some things to clean up a wound from one of the cabinets.

"say, what's your name young man?" the queen started when she got back infront of jaemin. she made him sit on the couch as she sat beside him.

"m-my name is jaemin, your majesty." jaemin stuttered as he watched the queen, putting some sort of liquid to a cotton ball, "is that gonna hurt, your majesty?"

the queen once again chuckled as she showed jaemin the cotton ball, "no jaemin. it's gonna sting a little but it will just pass after a few seconds. how old are you by the way?"

"i'm 19 years old.." jaemin gulped as he waited for the sting to struck him like a bitch, "your majesty, can i ask a-a... some questions? i-it's okay if i can't. gosh i'm sorr–"

"jaemin. it's okay. you can ask." the queen showed jaemin a smile as she proceeded on putting some ointment on the bruises.

"is it too much if i ask why did you want to run a clinic, your majesty?"

the queen hummed, "it's okay jaemin. and to answer you, it's because being a doctor is my passion. i like treating people and helping them recover from illness just makes me happy."

jaemin smiled, finding himself getting comfortable and warm around the queen's presence, "but why a clinic for kids? why not a hospital, your highness?"

the queen paused as she placed down the ointment. she looked up at jaemin and showed a small smile, "i like being around kids, jaemin. i like seeing their smiles whenever they hear that they're going to get better. and the kids, they somehow fill up the gap that was made when... when someone.. when someone k-kidnapped m-my son."

jaemin panicked when she saw the queen tearing up. it was as if his heart just broke when she saw her like this. jaemin frowned and just hugged the queen.

"i'm sorry for hearing that and for asking, your majesty." jaemin mumbled, genuinely feeling bad.

the queen hugged jaemin back, "it's okay jaemin. it's not your fault."

when the queen calmed down, she pulled away from the hug, "jaemin, you're a really nice and warm boy. i'm pretty sure your parents are so proud of you."