Chapter 9: Wolf

Emma POV

Today's Ryan's birthday. Which means his first shift will be tonight. At midnight we will all gather around at the field in front of our forest and watch the transformation. Meeting your wolf is a big deal. It's just as important as finding your mate.

Ryan's excited I can sense it even though he's trying to act 'cool' it's not working. I'm also excited about it. This is my future wolfs mate also I'm so lucky to have the chance to see him.   I do wonder what he will look like most of the wolfs in our pack either have a brownish white colored coat or a grey coat rarely do you find a fully black wolf and never do you find a white wolf.

Ryan's sitting in front of his tv twitching as he try's to stay put. I can't help but giggle.

"What's so funny?" He asks as he turns to look at me. His lips twitch to the side in a smirk.

"Nothing" I reply still laughing.

"I don't think so." He runs over to me lightning quick and grabs onto my sides and tickles my belly. I can't help but screech at the attack. I begin laughing uncontrollably begging for him to stop.

"Stop or I'm... going to.... pee!" I yell out in short gasps. He immediately lets go. Did I really have to pee? No. I run out of his room. Realization hits him he knows I'm not running to the bathroom. I run to the kitchen grabbing the plate of freshly made cookies and two glasses of milk. Ryan's already down the stairs watching me as I serve us. He's been doing that a lot lately just watching me. I don't mind but I think it's cute when I look at him and he gets all shy.

We sit and eat cuddling up together as I sit on his lap. Once we're done we go and sit on the couch. Well I sit he lays his head in my lap. I play with his hair as he begins to talk.

"I love you. I can't wait for you to see my wolf." He says with a dorky grin on his face.

"I love you too. I can't wait to meet the other side of you." I say looking into his eyes. We stay like that looking at one another and enjoying each other's company. We don't need to talk because looking at each other is enough.

"Just wait till you're sixteen then we can have our wolfs run together." He says as his eyes get all dreamy. I can tell he's thought a lot about this. Why does it hurt to hear though. I wonder if my age is a nuisance to Ryan. He has to wait to meet my wolf and for us to even mark each other.

"What's wrong?" Ryan whispers lifting his hand to my face. His face has concern written all over it.

" Does my age bother you?" I whisper.

His eyes become wide with shock. I don't think he saw that question coming.

"No! Of course not. The Moon Goddess blessed me with such an amazing mate to love and cherish. She chose you for me! I don't care about you being three years younger than me. We belong together!" Ryan was angry. He's never been angry with me before. But my question doubted our relationship and it hurt him. He wasn't yelling but he had his voice raised. He was standing in front of me.

He lunged at me and picked me up. Wrapping his arms around me and placing his face in the crook of my neck. His muscles relaxed and he slowly placed me back to my feet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Night had come slowly. In any second Ryan's shift will occur. We all back up as he stands in the center of the field. The sound of cracking interrupts the silence. Ryan's body began to morph into a pitch black wolf. Silver eyes locked on to mine. Before I knew it I was nailed to the ground by his wolf. The air was knocked out of me and I gasped for air. His muzzle went to my neck and breathed in. I was frozen in place he licked my neck and removed himself from hovering over me. Everyone was watching some with shock written on their faces and most with pride at the fact our Alpha was a black wolf. I stood to my feet and dusted off my dress. Everyone bowed to our new alpha and once he had gotten appraisals from all the pack members he stood next to me. His wolf was taller that I am. I couldn't help myself so I reached out and touched his fur. It's so much more silky that it appears. Tuning my hand through his fur he began to pur with pleasure. I couldn't believe he was actually purring.

Ryan POV

My wolf was black and more powerful that I thought he would be. His name is Malcolm I let him loose as I shifted. Worst idea ever he instantly smelled our Nate and lunged at her. He literally lunged and knocked her frail body to the ground.

Malcolm greeted everyone and went to stand next to our mate. She's tiny compared to Malcolm. When she put her hand through our fur I couldn't believe I purred. I'm not a cat for crying out loud but here I am purring in front of the whole pack while brushing me fur onto her side leaving my scent on her. It's the only way I can mark her as mine at the moment.

Emma doesn't seem to mind anyways she just continues to pet me and giggle from time to time.

"She's the perfect mate." Malcolm says. It's the first time he's spoken to me.

"Yes. She is." I reply back.

Hey guys sorry for the slow updates I've been pretty busy with school. Please like or comment if you enjoy!!!

Stay safe!!!

XOXO- Lillian Dero