Chapter 15: Friends

Ryan POV

I laid in bed listening to the melodic sound of Emma's breathing. It was about four in the morning and I didn't want to wake up my sleeping angel. I find it cute that I always wake up to her head curled into my neck and her lay sprawled over the front of me along with her arm.

I see her eyes slowly open to look into mine. A lazy smile forms on her beautiful face.

"Good morning birthday girl." I say leaning down and pecking her on the cheek. A blush instantly coats her cheeks and the tip of her nose.

Instead of replying she jumps up and runs out of the room. I'm left in bed stunned. She usually responds at least in some way. I then hear the sound of her feet padding down the hallway in a hast back into my line of sight.

She stood in front of me in a some black workout shorts and a matching tank top.

"Morning! Let's go for a run." She says with a smile wide on her face. As I rise from the bed to walk into my closet and change into some basketball shorts I walk out to find Emma putting her long hair up into a high ponytail on the top of her head. She smiled at me as we entwined our hands together walking down stairs. I grab us two granola bars and a water bottle to share. Leaving a note on the counter letting my mom know we're going out.

Emma's waiting outside for me. We jog to the edge of the forest choosing a trail we've run before. Our pace is fast but steady as we ran along the path. Emma has never been slow even with her shortness. She's always right next to me matching any pace I set. We come to the end of the trail which opens up to a huge beautiful lake. We sit down by the edge of the water. Emma's fingers draw swirls in the sand.

"I'm planning on switching schools sooner than planned." I mumble. Emma looks up into my eyes with a hint of confusion.

"I don't want to be away from you any longer." I say with a half smile. Her cheeks once again become pink.

"I'm glad I miss you too." She replies I can see the emotion written in her eyes. She also longed for me to be around and with her. Our bond has grown stronger and with every week and month that passes it hurts to leave on another.

My father claims that it will be this way until Emma and I mark one another. Three years until Emma shifts three years I must wait.

"I'm so happy their I live that I've made new friends and all but I always miss you." She whispers.

"Do you know that I love you?" I ask Emma.

"Yes you tell me everyday." She replies with a cheeky smirk. I chuckle at her response.

We spend an hour sitting by the water enjoying one another's company. We don't think about anybody but each other.

Emma POV

I woke up feeling energized and I instantly wanted to run with my mate. When Ryan told me that he was going to be switching school I was ecstatic to say the least. I love my new friends already.

Ally and I immediately hit it off and her friends were just the same soon I'd gained four new friends Ally, Daniella, Diana, and Bianca. We ate lunch together and would talk in between periods. Turns out the girls don't mind me being two years younger claiming I'm mature for my age. When I invited them to my party they all agreed to come and even said it be cool if we had a sleepover which I agreed to host.

We planned to have a chick flick night after the party. I was so excited I finally was fitting in and making friends that like me.

Luna Audrey helped me get ready for the party. She had done my hair curling it more so it was more bouncy. I changed into my dress and sandals. I had my ring on and my necklace. I'd done my makeup adding eyeliner to accentuate my blue eyes. I had light pink eyeshadow that was more of a nice shade and lip gloss on. I was more than satisfied with the end results of my look.

I heard the front door which means guest have arrived. I squeal and run down the stairs. Their stood Andy and Arthur. I gave them both a tight hug even though I've already seen them this week. Not soon after Jason, Nick, and Tommy also arrived instead of just walking in they had the decency to ring the door bell.

Finally the girls arrived. When we saw each other they all gave me a big hug. They all had gifts in their hands I had them set them by the fire place in the living room.

The girls and I walked further in the house together as I showed them to the living room and had us stop at the kitchen for drinks. When the girls saw the boys all their jaws dropped. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Why didn't you tell me that their were going to be hot boys here." Ally mumbles into my ear.

"It didn't cross my mind." I respond laughing at the girls faces. Besides no one other than Ryan has turned sixteen so they aren't yet looking for their mates.

I introduced the girls to the guys. "Girls this is Ryan, Arthur, Andy, Jason, Nick, and Tommy. Boys meet Diana, Ally, Daniella, and Bianca."

The guys greeted the girls and we all went on to playing the games set up for us. We all gathered in a circle and played wink assassin. By the end of the game their was no awkwardness in between us and everyone was laughing.

We ended up sitting on the couches in the living room watching Spider-Man. All the girls including me gawked are Tom Holland I mean who created such a god.

"Oh my god he's so hot" Diana shrieked.

"I know." I mumbled. Ryan turned to look at me a frown placed on his face.

"Ryan I like you more." I said sternly.

He smiled and grabbed ahold of me placing me on his lap. The girls all looked shocked at our interactions.

"R-Ryan's your boyfriend!" Bianca screamed making all the boys wince.

"Yes?" I said wondering what the big deal was.

"Why didn't you tell us you had a boyfriend!" This time Diana was the one to speak.

"I don't know. Well now you know this is my boyfriend." I say snuggling more into Ryan who just seems happy I'm sitting on him.

"We are definitely talking tonight!"

When the movie ended we sliced the cake talked some more and then the guys left except Ryan.

"Why isn't he leaving?" Ally asked looking at Ryan who was across the room picking up plates and cleaning up.

"Oh Ryan lives here." I reply.

"Wait you mean you both live together?" Daniela asked.

"Yea with our parents of course." I reply.

"What your parents say about you both dating." Diana whispered.

"They don't mind in fact their happy about it." I responded they all looked at me with curiosity.

"Let's go up to my room and we can all change into our pajamas." I state and all the girls nod in agreement.

"Wow I could get lost in your house." Daniela said in complete awe.

All the girls gasped at my room claiming it was cool. We all changed into our pajamas. I had Ryan bring us the blow up mattresses. I had gotten a new bed recently that could fit three of us but that still left two girls we all sat on my bed together and gossiped. I'd never experienced such a bonding moment. The girls talked about the latest celebrity news and we all did a face mask while talking about boys. Apparently Ally really liked talking to Andy at the party. I felt bad realizing that the chances of them ever being together are extremely slim.

All the girls had a crush on some guy at our school other than Ally. We all got tired eventually and put on a movie to fall asleep to.

In the end I couldn't fall asleep. I always slept with Ryan and I loved the calming feeling of his embrace. I slowly crawled out of my bed and left walking to Ryan's room. Opening the door I walked in and payed in the bed curling up to him. At this point it was just routine.

Thank you please vote or comment🥰😘

XOXO- Lillian Dero