Chapter 12: Ponytails

Emma POV

I don't understand why I'm so nervous. I pull at my uniform skirt as I stand by the door waiting for Ryan to drive me to school. I can't believe I have to wear a uniform. It's a navy blue plaid skirt that's high waisted and falls down mid thigh. With a white shirt sleeve button up shirt that's tucked in. I chose to wear my white adidas with the navy blue stripes instead of black. The Luna has the outfit adjusted so it fit me nicely. That's why the skirts shorter. Luna Audrey also did my hair today in a high ponytail that's goes down my back in loose curls.

We got our nails done this weekend so I'm sporting some dainty French tip manicure. I accessorized my outfit with my locket.

Ryan finally makes it downstairs apologizing for his timing and giving me a kiss on the cheek. We make it to the car where I wait as Ryan opens my door. Right as he's about to shut the door I grab onto his shoulder.

"Ryan. I'm scared." I mumble. He looks me in the eyes and puts his hands up and cradles my faces.

"I know but I also know that you are the most amazing woman that I know. You are going to be perfect today." He whispers as his face inches closer to mine. It only took a second and before I knew it his lips were on mine. It was a light airy kiss but it held so much love and honesty. Leaning back both out cheeks had become flush.

Ryan leaned away and shut my door running around to his side. We drove to Starbucks Ryan with one hand on the wheel and the other entwined with mine.

That was my first kiss it was our first kiss. The car ride wasn't awkward like I thought it be. Instead we were left in a lovely silence where we both could collect our thoughts and emotions.

When we arrived to the Starbucks Ryan ordered my drink at the drive thru. I've been obsessed with the strawberry açaí with lemonade refresher and it's cute that he always knows what I want.

We pull up to the window and Ryan grabs my drink and two cake pops. One for him and one for me. It's become our little tradition every Monday we both get two different flavored cake pops and share half of each.

We arrive to my new school in no time. My school is supposed to start in about an hour. We got their early so we'd have time to be together before Ryan has to leave and I have to go inside. So we sat in the car facing the school from the parking lot. Eating our cake pops and talking about everything and nothing.

"Ryan. Do I look good. Look at the other girls their all wearing their hair down." I mumble. I want to fit in all the girls have shorter hair flowing a bit lower than their shoulders and they all have it down with a headband or clips. My hair reaches past my bum. I've had it trimmed before but Ryan loves my hair and so do I so I've never actually cut it off.

"You look gorgeous babe. I love the ponytail you look beautiful." He says smiling down at me.

I look at the time and realize that I have to go.

"I have to go." I grumble. I hat leaving Ryan.

"Okay stay right there." He responds pointing at me to stay. I can help but giggle at him as he runs around the front of the car to open my door.

"My love." He says in a deep voice holding out his hand to help me down.

"My mate." I respond but before I hop down I pull him by his shirt and peck him on the lips. I pull back and grab onto his hand and hop down. Ryan's face has me laughing. His mouth is open and his eyes are still wide with shock.

"Babe I have to go are you going to hug me or not." I say looking at him. My words pull him out of his trance and his arms wrap around me in a bone crushing hug.