Chapter 1

My eyes stayed glossy and tight on the cup of coffee in front of me watching every simmers takes off the air.

"Eliza look at yourself, You're losing sleep again." I snapped out of my thoughts when i heard my mother's sterno voice in front of me

Her eyes throwing daggers as she sips on her white cappuccino, I just shrug leaning back on my chair relaxing my muscles.

"No im not. Im sleepin like a baby." I responded keeping a tight and forceful smile

I stared as her lips turned into a frown and i almost bursted out my coffee on how funny she looks. Her glasses falling down on the tip of her nose as she fixes her brunette pixie hair.

"I mean what's new?" I replied plainly licking my lips as i look down at my drink. Probably needed more than just one cup.

My insomnia getting into me pretty badly these past few days, I was exhausted. But of course, My mother didn't know that. She doesn't need to.

"Stop lying. Had you talked to your dad yet?" She asked gently setting down the cup after sipping. Her glasses foggy from the moist covering her blue stern eyes.

"I mean what else do i need to tell him? I already said that the papers were ready and he's returning back your money." I sighed as i stared interestingly at my nails trying my best to keep my nice posture.

The conversation is getting so annoying, I have no idea how many times ive lost count hearing the same thing from her. It bitters me to the fact that every chance we met, We always end up discussing about her unpleasant relationship with my father. How about asking me anything about my life huh?

I smiled bitterly, Well it's either this or nothing at all. I am just very glad i get to see her. There was this pained sorrow in my chest that i always hid from my mother.

"I am happy to hear that." She said with a smile and i just smiled at her back, A long moment of silence passed around us

"Eliza, I think you should get back to acting." She announced after a while and i almost let out a loud groan.

Only the thought made me shake but at the same time wonder. It had been five years, Many months, days and seconds since i last took my breathe on the sweet successful breeze of California.

I bit my lips as i tried reconsidering what she just suggested, She had been saying it to me so many times now, But now i am actually considering it. I just thought what if.

Acting has always been my dream and i felt like i was ready to start again. There was this tiny hint of hope that this time it wont go wrong like what happened the last time, The images of what happened to that sultry night flashing through my eyes that sent me shivers down my spine.

"I mean you were so good before and now look at you, Looking at you i can say this is very unhealthy Eliza," She said again when she had no answer from me.

"Couldn't you just call me Josie?" I asked her suddenly relieving my childhood nickname, that made her stopped to look at me. She used to call me that before, guess i just fucked up and changed everything.

Her eyebrows raising that made me feel dip my head low regretting my words. Great, now i feel bad about myself.

"Or just Jo, whatever." I took back my previous sentence with a small voice and tried to laugh it off but ended up sounding like a weak chuckle. Her eyes watching me carefully as she gave me a malicious stare.