Chapter 9

"Welcome to London. Josephine Langford!" Jamie announced and i laugh as i walk towards her to give her a hug.

She is still the same Jamie who took care of me before. I think the only thing that changed about her is her hair that is now shorter.

"I miss you. And I'm so sorry for being such a-" I started out but she just raised her index finger on my lips. Silencing me.

"No. Nope. You are not ruining this moment Langford, Or else i might have to go hard on you." She said and i laugh, I couldn't help the tears in my eyes. Only by seeing her brings back so many good memories from the past.

The twenty two year old Josephine who is always late for her appointments and her PA beating her for her laziness. It feels like it was only been yesterday that i see her on set to support me and Hero.

Hero.

I gulped violently and tried to take his name off of my mind. The first thing i don't want is to feel nervous on my first day. I didn't want to ruin it because it was already better!

"So did you have breakfast yet? Jetlags?" She asked as i settled in her passenger seat. I let out a comfortable sigh and my eyes getting heavier.

It felt like i just came from a huge fight. I can feel my bones cracking and my head spinning. Why the hell did i not felt this before?

"Oh god. Definitely Jet lag. The worst!" I groaned as i heard her clicking on her seatbelt and then starting the engine.

"Yep. I still remembered you always looking purple even after a five hour flight." She chuckled and started driving

God. she wasn't kidding about the traffic because we were not even far yet from the airport we are already stuck on the road!

"Im giving you this day to rest Jo. I already settled you a room into a hotel and everything is fine. You just have to stay inside all day." She explained continuously and it was the only thing i understood because i felt like shutting down!

It was then i felt my phone beeped and i realized i had receive a lot of messages. I replied to all of them even my mom's.

From: Mummy

Are you in London yet? Please sleep on the right time. You cant lose your energy, Its the first step of being successful!

I smiled at least she still remembered to message me. I slowly typed in a response.

"So how is life in Perth. Do you have someone?" Jamie initiated and i looked at her to see her smirking.

"Not really. I think being in a relationship is the last thing on my mind right now." I said and she just laughed opening her car drawer and fishing out a bunch of mint candies.

"Those will help with the the head spins. You also might need to buy a thicker jacket than that bomber. Sometimes degrees in here can land into zero!" She exclaimed and i nodded popping a white candy into my mouth. I can feel it fizzle on my tongue.

I was actually planning on sleeping just half of the day and maybe go shopping later at night? Maybe fetch some souvenirs that i can bring to Jacob.

"I saw the little boy in your story. Is he your son?" She asked out of nowhere and i almost choked on my candy as it slips into my throat.

"What? No Jamie!" I exclaimed after coughing and she raised her eyebrows at me. A smirk still in her lips.

"Well tell me something. What did you do for the past 5 years Jo? We need to catch up! I think we should have dinner after you had your rest." She suggested and i nodded.

Thinking it was a good idea. And i feel like i still have a lot of explanation to do, She is just too nice to start asking now because she knows I'm not in a good condition.

But then i remembered the scenario from the food court. I hurriedly fish into my pocket hoping that the card didn't flew away.

I let out a sigh of relief when it didn't. I lifted the card to examine what is written. The letter is engraved in gold and the card is jet black.

           Storm Management
               0207 368 9900
5 Jubilee Place, London SW3 3TD

"Hey Jamie. What do you feel about me signing for Storm?" I asked carefully watching her reaction.

"What? Like Hero's?" It was then the mentioned of his name that made me want to poo in that passenger seat once again.

How can i fucking forget that Hero was also modeling in the same management?!

Suddenly i felt cold and doubts came into my mind like wildfire. I don't think i could do it but i did promise myself.

This is all for me not for Hero's. Whatever that happened between us in the past. Should stay in the past.

I thought about talking to him professionally but the thought only made me anxious so i stopped. Whatever happens, Happens then.

"Yeah like Hero." I said his name slowly and she raised her eyebrows.

"That is not actually a bad idea Jo, It could be a good start! Plus i don't have to stress for the schedules of the both you. Because you'll always be together." As soon as she said the last line my teeth gritted.

Always together? Oh fuck it then. I really do need to practice on my reflexes so my schedules wont clash with him.

"Because they actually invited me themselves." I announced and saw how she was confused so i waved the card on her face.

"Oh my god. You prankster!" She exclaimed and i jumped from my seat when we almost crash into a tree on the side of the road!

Perhaps announcing something on your PA while driving is not a very good practice. I should keep that in mind or else my life could be short.

"What the fuck happened?! Tell me everything. Now Josephine!" She yelled at me as i continue laughing remembering her stance reaction.

I told her what have happened earlier in the food court and she was smirking at me the whole time especially about the little girl incident.

"Well i must say you really did amazing on your looks Jo, I can see why she saw the potential. I mean you don't just look like an actress even before, You are also a model material!" She flattered me and i just chuckled.

"Luck is already on your side Josephine. Ill say you'll do mighty fine, I can already see your picture right there." She pointed on a big tarpaulin that has a face of a familiar Victoria Secret Model.

"I think ill die of embarrassment if people look at my face big as that!" I said horrified and she just laughed.

She started parking her car into a fancy looking big building and I'm guessing it was the hotel. I can see the pool from the back.

"But being a model is not easy Jo. You have to keep count on what you eat. How you communicate with the other models. And most of all always be confident." She reminded me and i smiled.

"Copy that. Miss manager." I said and we both shared a laugh.