Chapter 24

It was already around eight in the morning when Jamie dropped me off on the hotel. I quickly gave her a kiss on the cheek goodbye.

"Ill message you for your next schedule in Storm. Don't you dare leave this building if you mean monkey business, I mean it Josephine." She still managed to give me a talking and i laughed as i opened the door almost wincing when i felt a needle stabbing my vagina.

"Of course. I gave you my promise. Love you mom!" I joked and she just rolled her eyes and i watched as she drives away. I saw her sticking her hand to the open window to wave at me.

I let out a sigh and full sped my walking to go to my room. Still very aware that i am pretty much naked under this hoodie. Jamie returned my clothes but i didn't managed to change so i just faced the embarrassment.

The relief i felt when i reached my room was beyond over the clouds. I changed into my pajamas. And wore cotton shorts and plain shirt that still smells like home.

Then i took my time to open my phone. There were so many massages from people back home! I opened my Dean's messages first.

From: Daddy Dean

Why are you not responding to my messages? Jacob was crying the whole night. He thought you left us for work lmao. I hope you are not beating yourself up Jo. Please take care.

My heart melted as i read the message. That was the last one he sent. I wanted to call him but i figured it might still be very early in the morning. And Jacob might still be sleeping.

I was going on and thinking about plans about returning to Australia for a short vacation. But then again December is almost few weeks away! And i guarantee ill be spending my holidays with my family.

To: Daddy Dean

Tell Jacob i was sorry. And i just got home from work. Had my batteries dead overnight. I hoped i didn't upset him that much! Please call me when you wake up.

After sending Dean the message. I proceeded my way to check my inboxes again. A little hint of fear evident on my chest to see unwanted messages. Thankfully there was none.

My eyebrows furrowed when i read mom's last message. Apparently she has this issue again with dad and their money.

From: Mummy

How is everything doing with work Eliza? I hope you are taking extra credits. Can you message your dad and talk to him about my balances? He is really giving me a headache! And i cant deal with his stubbornness anymore! Reply when you got home. Love you Eliza.

I let out a deep sigh as i read her message full of hatred. I get that they are not in good terms right now. But the fact that all my mother does is talk shitty things about dad gives me a headache.

Remembering something important. I went inside my bathroom and was relief when i saw the sitting container of my medicine on the sink.

I took one and then proceeded my way to my bed to lay and dialing Dad's number. Stephen is always the early bird. I am pretty positive he is the only man standing wide and awake at 4 am right now in Perth

Suddenly he answered the call and i smiled at the camera. My heart soften when i saw his face. He looked very tired and weary. His eyes were bloodshot but he still managed to flash me a smile.

"Hey pumpkin. How was work? Are you enjoying your stay?" His voice came out raspy and my eyebrows furrowed.

The camera was close to his face. So i couldn't really see his whole feature down to his neck. I noticed he was also coughing in between breathes.