Chapter 44

My body falling into a deep sleep as i lose my consciousness was the last thing i remembered. But as soon as i closed my eyes. I saw a different light.

I thought it was my father. But it was something different.

It felt like it was a memory that had been hidden in my mind for a long time. That i unlocked something on the back of my mind.

The scenario was still very clear. It feels so real.

It was Hero and I. He was a young little boy wearing a cap and i was just little girl.

My once light blonde hair was braided that rests over both my shoulder and chest.

Hero on his blue shirt and cap. He has a child on his arms whom looks like in two years of age. The baby was crying and seemed lost.

The thought hurt my head triggering me to go back to reality.

There was a beam of light and then i was back. And i thought i just reached the heavens.

"Jacques..." I heard myself say before i fully woken up.

The bright light hurts my eyes and my sight was blurry. The first thing i heard was the sound of a machine beeping. And my head and body are soar.

My lips parted when i settled my sight and i stared at the man sitting right beside my bed.

He was staring at me with a dark steely look. The same eyes i dreamt about. Confusion drawing in me while i stare at him with lips parted.

"H-hero?" I made sure that he was really there.

Why and how did he get here?! I felt like my head was floating in the clouds! Am i still dreaming? Or is this heaven.

I reached for my arm to pinch and i winced when i figure i can still feel pain.

Hero was watching me with eyebrows furrowed. But not saying anything.

He was just watching me with a dark look and his lips pressed into a thin line.

It was then i realized all the things that happened. And i gasped as i place my hand frantically to my stomach.

The fear once again consuming me like wild fire as tears formed into my eyes.

The last thing i saw was blood. It was running down my legs and the pain from my stomach to my chest pulled me to faint. I was about to lose my child.

But now i am awake. I know i feel something different or did my biggest fears really did come true?

"Lay down. Don't push your body Josephine." Hero says in a stern voice.

I turned to look at him and i saw his haw clenching tight. My eyes went to look at his black hoodie.

But i couldn't calm down! My child could be gone by now! And it is all my fault.

Just like that i can feel all my remaining hopes crumbling down. If something happened to him or her. I would lose my whole life!

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. His serious eyes stared back at me. He looked so mad. His eyebrows were furrowed and then i realized something.

He isn't suppose to be here! How did he get in here?! And why is he here?! There was so many questions.

I never said anything to him about me leaving. Hero is in Perth for god sake!

But does he know about my condition? Of course he does. The way he looks at me right now.

I know he already found out. And i am scared. Is he mad because i lost the baby?