Chapter 27

"Wow. You looked different! A good different. I can sense the modeling spirit flaming over you." Felix says staring at me with his jaw still left on the car floor. Mercy was looking at me with an astonished reaction.

And i think i have the same reaction too. I lost my ability to say something. So we all just stared at each other awkwardly.

The whole car ride to the mall was so awkward and silent. And i thought being alone with Hero was enough for being uncomfortable but now his best friend and sister is here!

I don't know how to greet them. From the looks of them they are also very confused! As if they didn't expect me to be with Hero! I mean who wouldn't. And i was also not prepared to see them at all! 

I turned my glance to Hero whom is driving and he turned to look at me when he noticed me staring. He just raised his eyebrows at me like he did nothing wrong.

"So Josephine! Its been a long time since we last saw you! Where had you been mate?" Felix says breaking the moment of silence and i saw how Mercy hits him in the arm.

It was indeed a long time. I wonder how they felt when i suddenly disappeared on Hero's life. I don't think i might be that big of a deal though. Because i am sure that Hero has thousand of girls. The news and photos were much to cover it up.

"We miss you so much Jo! Why do you disappear all of a sudden? And you also stopped doing movies! You were such a good actress!" Mercy exclaims with a still shock reaction. And i couldn't help but appreciate how she turned out to be.

She looked so mature and a grown lady now. I never thought she could grow this graceful and beautiful. It was like i was gone for too long. She was a teenager by then.

"Hey mercy. You looked very pretty. You had grown into adulthood so perfectly." I complimented her and i saw how her cheeks turned red. She smiled shyly at me.

It was the truth. Her features did sharpen along with her style of clothing. Her baby face no longer gone and she looks like a lady version of Hero!

I heard Felix chuckling beside her and i watched how Mercy gave him a death glare that made him stop.

"And so are you Jo! I love your long hair! You look like a doll! What's your secret?" She says and i gave a her a smile in response.

"Maybe just self growth and self love. It is what i learnt from taking a break from acting." I said to them and Mercy nodded at me. I felt Hero glancing at me for a second.

"Self love? I don't believe that! You probably already married by now right? I mean its been a long time. Its impossible that no one gave you a ring yet." Felix blurted out that made me blush furiously.

Mercy saw my uncomfortable reaction and she pinched Felix on his arm to scold him. I watched him wince from the pain and glared at his friend's sister.

I wasn't ready for the confrontation that no answer came from my mouth. I saw how Hero shrugged beside me and i turned to look at him. He has a teasing smirk on his face. That is saying something else.

"Oh yeah! I saw your instagram story last month Jo! The little boy is such a cutie. Is he your son?" Mercy asks what i expected her to do.

Of course some of them are still caught up from the false rumors. Now i regret not clarifying that when i uploaded the story!

"No! He is just a godson. His dad is a friend." I responded the truth and Mercy just let out an "oh" and i saw how she liked my answer. Her eyes twinkling an unsaid delight. Felix smirked as he looks at the back of Hero's head.