Chapter 6: Her Childhood

Author’s note: Guys, I am grateful for the votes, comments, and views of this book. So thanks a lot from the bottom of my heart.

 Anna P.O.V

 Wait, did Elsa and I just confess our feelings toward our parents? Well, Hiccup didn’t seem to be a bad guy or a jackass, he seemed nice.

 “Scared? I’m sorry, but I don’t understand.” Hiccup answered.

 “Well…” Elsa was about to start, but she was stopped when she shed a tear. Oh no.

 I immediately patted down her back, trying to comfort her. I couldn’t blame Hiccup for making my sister like this, but he quickly responded after seeing this.

 “Oh! Sorry! I didn’t mean to make you—“ Hiccup approached my sister, but my sister wiped away her tears and looked up.

“It’s alright Hiccup. I-I… I’m just not a strong person, I can always cry whenever I cut my finger with a knife… Even though it’s just a small cut.” Elsa confessed, but that was so damn true.

 My sister sometimes needs someone to talk to, she’s been talking to no one except me since we were small. I was never a person with tons of best solutions, especially to my sister that always needs someone to talk to.

Yes, our movie made us famous, but that never really changed anything on my sister’s personality.

Hiccup scratched the back of his head, still looking worried against my sister.

 “I, um… If you don’t want to continue, I’ll always leave. I’m sorry for disturbing you—“

 “No! Don’t! Please!...” Elsa pleaded, grabbing Hiccup’s arm.

 Hiccup looked at my sister strangely, but I saw this as a chance for Elsa to have someone to talk to. Hiccup asked me with that confused look on his face, I smiled in reply.

“Alright…” Hiccup answered.

Elsa P.O.V

 I really needed someone to talk to, my sister wasn’t enough yet. I know that my acts that I’ve done to Hiccup were kinda sudden and weird. But I just really, really  need him.

I escorted all of us to the living room, and sat down on the sofas. I asked Hiccup what he wanted to drink, he said only water. So I asked one of my maids to bring us a glass of water.

 “So… What’s the story behind this—“ Hiccup broke the silent.

 “Oh! Yeah, right. Umm, where do we start…” I think for a moment.

 “Erhm… When me and Anna were child, our family was pretty much perfect. Our mom always gave us a bedtime stories, our father always took us out at weekend for our own family time. Our bonds were tight.” I started, with Anna and Hiccup listening.

“And then, it was on… 24th December, I guess?” I asked Anna for confirmation.

“Yes, at 24th December.” Anna said.

“What’s with 24th December?” Hiccup asked, drinking his water.

“It was when my father got hired in his company, sort of. He just came home really happily, he hugged us all. But… that means, he’d be working more further than he used to. Which means, he had completely no time to spend with us, his daughters.” I sighed down, remembering those memories.

“It’s the same story with my mother at the next January after that month, she got a new job on a fashion company. Which also had taken her almost around the globe to just work on this job. So, none of my parents could even see us anymore. And that lasted for like, five years.”

 “Five years?!” Hiccup was shocked.

 “Hold on… one, two, three… Yeah five years.” Anna comfirmed.

“But there was one time, when we all actually gathered together. I was so happy to see them, but they all changed. I remember when I accidentally dropped my dad’s phone, and he slapped me on the face.”

I explained.

“Oh my god.”

 “Anna dropped a plate, ended up being locked in her room for 24 hours. An-and so on… They just became v-v-violent.” My eyes were covered by my tears, and then I broke down. Crying.

 Anna yet again, comforted me by patting me on the back. I just kept crying and crying and crying, not caring that Hiccup was actually watching me. The story that I told to him pretty much had told everything else. A thousand memories slipped past in my head, but the most hurtful ones remain stayed, making those voices and pictures hurting me more and more.

 I cried harder… Until I felt another hand patting me.

 It was Hiccup’s.

 “Shh… There, there. We’re here for you.” Hiccup said with his calming tone.

“Let it all go, crying over something doesn’t mean that you’re not a strong person. At least you’re not hiding this in the whole time, remembering about this in the future may cause some more even worse effects. It’s better to solve it now, but you can cry for now first.” Hiccup explained, still comforting me.

 “H-how do we s-suppose to solve this?” I asked in the middle of cry.

 “Talk. Talk solves everything.” Hiccup simply said.

 Hearing this, I looked up to Hiccup, and stared him on the eyes.

 “But I’m s-scared to them”

“Don’t be.”

“You d-don’t understand-“

“I understand your situation. I’ve experienced them, and yet, talking was the best thing to do.” Hiccup said.

“Trust me” He added.

 I wiped off my tears, “… We’ll try..” I said.

 As I sobbed down for a moment, until I heard someone opened the front door.

 “Oh Elsa and Anna, we’re baaack!” It was a man's voice.

I quickly checked the calender on the wall

 Oh no.

 It’s my parents.

 I don’t think that this is a good chapter after all, I’m so sorry if you find the same as well.

But hey, thanks again for the votes, comments, and views. I really appreciate them a lot.

 I’m gonna try to update again tomorrow, because at Friday, I’ll be leaving for holiday. But my destination might not have an internet connection, but we’ll see. If It turns out that there’s no internet connection there, you might want to wait until new year, at 2nd January, I should be already back. But in the meantime, of course I’ll write down the new chapters, so new chapter everyday is very possible (which is after new year, of course).

But, if I have an internet connection there, I’ll try to update normally.