Chapter 9: Payback

Author’s note:

I just want to say thank you for all of the support, votes, comments, and views.

Again, thanks.

Elsa P.O.V

 “SMACK!!”

 “So. Mr and Mrs Winter. You two had been a completely bad parents for the girls for years, had a holiday by using their money, and abused them by slapping one of them.” The judge said, after smacking his wood hammer to the table.

 We were all in the court. Yes, I decided that we’d report my parents to the authorities, no-one else except the court. I looked at the table on my right, where both my mother and my father sat. Hiccup had shown the video in the court, which was a very strong proof that my father did  abuse me. I couldn’t help but to let him, and I still couldn’t answer his question previously.

What they did to me in the whole time, was certainly unacceptable. Yes, they worked really hard for me and Anna. But, they were still my parents. It’s just.... so complicated.

I glanced at my parents again, they didn’t seem to be happy, of course. But they seemed to be down as well, they couldn’t defence themselves, since the video was a strong proof. Their lawyer couldn’t do anything, their lawyer even looked disgusted to my parents. So, defending them would be an useless thing to do, in my opinion.

 “Alright, with these solid proofs, sentence dropped! 3 years and a half in jail. Case closed.” The judge said, smashing his hammer down again.

 My parents immediately broke down, crying, regretting for what they had done. Or being pissed off to the fact that I reported them? Who knows...

 Some guards took their hands and locked them, and dragged them out. I stood up, followed with my sister. My father suddenly came over to me, still being held by the guards.

“Hold on... Let me speak to my daughters...” He said, the guards gave him a few second.

I gave him a glare, but still feeling sorry for him.

“Elsa, Anna. Forgive me, I love you two.” He said.

“I never knew.” I replied, sharply.

  With that, the guards dragged them off.

-Time jump-

 Hiccup was driving me and my sister to my house, after having the court. We all were silent in the whole trip, I was thinking and thinking about what I just said to my father. Those words... were pure from my feelings. Do I love them? Yes. But my father mentioned that he loved me and Anna.

 Well, I never knew.

 Since I was an artist, I asked the judge whether he’d keep the case as a secret. I never liked seeing myself in the newspaper for being in a problem, and this was no ordinary problem, it was a family problem. Luckily, the judge said yes, he could keep this as a secret.

 “Here we are, Winter’s resident.” Hiccup broke the silent.

 We all exited the car, looking at my house. It felt like that I’ve left the house for 3 years, but I just left it for like, three days. Boy,how  I missed my home.

 “I guess I’ll see you two later...” Hiccup was about to enter his car back, but I pulled him off.

“Wait!”

“Huh?”

“I just want to say, thanks again. For being such a helpful friend. I wonder if I could pay you back...” I rubbed the back of my head.