Chapter 9

Inosuke pointed to his right saying he felt a strong vibe from there, but with all the controlled demon slayers you couldn't get past at all.

"What a pain in the ass! I'll just slice them all in one blow!"

"No we can't do that! Let's not try and hurt them-"

One of them swings their sword at Tanjiro and Murata comes in and blocks the sword.

"You guys go ahead! Leave these guys to me! I know that wasn't my finest moment there, but I'm a demon slayer too! Now I know that I just need to slash the threads and they only make the most elementary moves and I'll keep a look out for spiders. So just go!"

"Thank you! We appreciate this! Inosuke! Y/N let's go!"

Tanjiro ran to the direction of where Inosuke pointed at and grabbed Inosuke's arm and you followed closely behind him.

"I swear I'm gonna pound his face when we get back!"

"Don't talk like that!"

"He called me a 'stupid boar' okay Monjiro?"

"It's Tanjiro!"

You continued running until you found another demon slayer controlled by the threads with her sword in one hand and the other dragging a dead body by the hair.

"Please! Don't come any closer! Send someone of higher rank! Otherwise everyone will get killed! Please! Please I'm begging you!"

She cried as she pleaded, but after a moment passed, her hand had let go of the other demon slayer and held a firm grip onto her sword. She had swung it and you could definitely tell that it was way more accurate and faster than the ones from before.

The thread pulled her arms further behind her body as a way to maximize her swinging down and you heard all of her bones breaking as she screamed in pain. She rushed towards Tanjiro at full speed, but Tanjiro was able to block it with his own sword. As Tanjiro held off the girl, you heard other noises all around you. You looked behind you and saw more demon slayers that had terrifyingly disfigured limbs.

"Please... kill me... my bones are piercing my internal organs and... whenever I'm forced to move the pain's unbearable... I'm going to die in the end anyways so please kill me!"

"You got it!"

"Inosuke no! We have to find another way to help them!"

"Shut up Monjiro!"

"It's Tanjiro!!"

Putting them out of their misery would've been the best thing to do realistically, since you could tell that they would just end up being crippled for the rest of their lives if they miraculously survived.

"They want to die! And if we're caught napping we're the dead ones!"

"I know! Just... Just let me think!"

You stood there waiting for any sudden movements, but saw Tanjiro running away. While he ran away, the girl ran after him. As the girl chased after him, Tanjiro stopped and ran into her. After getting a firm grasp on her, he picked her up and threw her over a tree branch which stopped her movements and made her hang in the air. Inosuke watched Tanjiro closely and started laughing as he mimicked Tanjiro.