Chapter 35

You walk with Tanjiro back into Gyomei's training place and find Zenitsu.

"Ah Zenitsu there you are! Did you move the boulder?"

"No... Not yet."

"Oh well, me and Y/N are moving on to our next training! Are you all right? You haven't been talking much so I'm worried..."

"Oh that's good. Good luck. I... I've simply achieved clarity on what I should do. On what I must do."

"Did something happen? If there's anything we can do, we'll..."

"Tanjiro, Y/N, you just do what you must."

"But... But... We're worried..."

"You're really nice people. Thank you, but... this is something I absolutely must do."

After Zenitsu has said that, you and Tanjiro respect his decision and leave on your way to Giyuu's mansion.

"Is Zenitsu alright? And Nezuko? Can we just leave her there for so long? Is she lonely?"

"I think Zenitsu is going to be okay and I'm sure the girls at Shinobu's are keeping her company."

"If you say so..."

You continue walking and see a large stone that says "Thousand Year Old Bamboo Forest." Tanjiro then takes out a map.

"Hmm so we're here. Giyuu's place must be around here."

Tanjiro leads the way looking down at the map and looking back up to the path constantly. You got a bit tried from walking, but then heard the flapping of wings. You look up and see Fukurō.

(let's use this owl instead sine a lot of people found the other one scary 😔)

Fukurō lands on your shoulder and you rub his head with your finger as he rubs his head against your face enjoying your touch.

"Y/N, you have a bird?!"

"Oh right! I've never introduced him to you, have I? This is Fukurō. Master gave him to me as a gift."

Fukurō didn't talk much so all he did was look at Tanjiro and bowed his head.

"Oh u-um nice to meet you Fukurō."

Tanjiro smiles sheepishly walking closer to him rubbing his stomach. Fukurō seemed a bit suspicious of Tanjiro so he flew off your left shoulder, landing on your right away from Tanjiro. You laugh and Tanjiro seemed a bit offended.