Chapter 40 (END)

Muzan was gone. He was finally gone. Everyone cried tears of joy and all of the Hashira were still alive. They had plenty of wounds and were being treated.

"Tomioka san! You mustn't move yet!"

"Where's Tanjiro and Y/N?! I haven't seen Y/N this whole fight when we came outside..."

"Let us at least treat your wounds and-"

But it was too late as he sees Tanjiro's lifeless body kneeling on the ground with his left arm gone. Your body not too far away from his.

"He isn't breathing and there's no pulse. Tanjiro..."

"Y/N is cold as ice and she's not responding..."

There was a moment of silence and the kakushi who found your bodies start crying. Giyuu's face dropped and he starts crying as he sees both of your smiling faces appear in his head. He slowly walks towards both of your bodies and drops on his knees. He holds Tanjiro's rough hand and caresses your ice cold cheek.

"I've failed to protect you again... I always receive protection... forgive me..."

"I'm sorry... Nezuko..."

As Nezuko sees her older brother's and who she saw as a sister's dead body she was devastated. But then all of a sudden Tanjiro's head shot up. He looked up at Giyuu and his arm had grew back. He then turned and saw a Kakushi and he attacked them but he didn't kill them. Tanjiro gets burned by the sun and tries to run away but Giyuu catches him. Then Tanjiro's burning had stopped. Giyuu calls out to everyone saying that Tanjiro turned into a demon.

Inosuke and Zenitsu took it the hardest. If one of them strayed down the wrong path, the others would stop him. Everyone was too weak and their adrenaline had stopped. Zenitsu couldn't do anything, but when Inosuke's blade was at Tanjiro's neck, he just couldn't do it. Just when Inosuke thought his life was going to be taken away by his best friend, Nezuko jumped in.

"Dear brother! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry I didn't understand for so long! I put everything on your shoulders! Why is it you who always has to suffer?! Why do kind people who struggle everyday get trampled over and over? It's frustrating but don't give in! It's almost over... So don't turn into a demon... So let's go home... Let's go back home..."

Tanjiro doesn't listen and screams scratching Nezuko's back. Zenitsu jumps in and jumps onto his back.

"NO TANJIRO!! ITS NEZUKO! SHE'S BACK TO NORMAL! SHE'S HUMAN AGAIN! DON'T DO THIS! SHE'LL DIE! SHE CALLED YOU BROTHER RIGHT?!"

Tanjiro still doesn't listen so Inosuke punches the back of Tanjiro's head.

"KNOCK IT OFF!! DON'T HURT NEZUKO! You're... YOU'RE NOT THAT TYPE OF GUY! YOU WERE SO NICE!! SO GO BACK TO BEING THE NORMAL TANJIRO!"

Tanjiro screams making everything around him to fly off. Including your corpse. Tanjiro notices that and gets Nezuko off him to get to your body.

"PROTECT Y/N'S BODY!!"

Tanjiro didn't care and threw them all off. He gets to your corpse and looks at your pale and lifeless body. He calms down for a second or two, but then goes berserk the next. He attacks everything he sees while carrying your body. Kanao then sees this and looks at what she has in her hand. She smiles and one of her eyes looked really bad, but then her other eye starts to glow and one second she was standing where she was and the next she was behind Tanjiro and stabbed the thing she had in her hand at Tanjiro.
_________________________________