Chapter 32

"Hm is Shinazugawa's dojo over there?"

"No, go right at that corner."

"Okay!"

Kagaya has trusted you and was actually very proud of you, so as a little present for you he had gifted you a beautiful owl.

You've named him Fukuro which literally means owl in Japanese. He was quite calm and didn't talk much, but always spoke in a monotone voice that was only loud enough for you to hear. Other than you asking dumb questions sometimes, he enjoyed you and your company.

You continued walking down and see a boy laying on the ground face down. You rush over, Fukuro flapping his wings and moving from your shoulder into the air. You kneel next to him and as you were about to shake him, he jumps onto you with tears streaming down his face.

"Please! Help me escape from this hell hole! I can't take it anymore! I've finally escaped, climbing over the fence and disappearing like a lizard! Please help me-!"

The unknown boy looks up at your face, mesmerized by your perfect features. Then just as he was about to say something someone grabbed his head. You look up at the person who grabbed his head and see Sanemi himself.

"Choose... Go back to training or die."

"EEEEKKKK HAVE MERCY!!!"

The boy screams for his life and wraps his arms around your neck tightly suffocating you. Sanemi quickly hits the boy's vital point in his neck and he passes out real quick. The boy goes limp on top of you and Sanemi grabs him by the arm and pulls him onto his back. You stand up brushing your uniform and Fukuro comes back and perched on your shoulder. You rub his stomach with your finger as he nuzzles his head on yours as you smiled.

Sanemi froze for a moment seeing the scene before him and you look back at him making eye contact. He grew a bit flustered and you bowed.

"Thank you! I look forward to working with you!"

You then stand back up straight and Fukuro comes back to his place on your shoulder.

Sanemi looks away from you walking to to his dojo.

You then saw the boy again and he reminded you of someone very familiar. You couldn't quite put you ur finger on it but you carried on, following Sanemi.
————————————————————————-
Days went by with you training with Sanemi and you understood why the boy was like that. It was a simple striking session where you would hit Sanemi, but it was so grueling that you ended up with many cuts and bruises and you felt malnourished. Of course the cuts and bruises went away but you still felt malnourished. Even Iguro gave you more breaks than he did. At one point you felt so dizzy that you felt as if you were going to pass out in the middle of sparring.

Sanemi was especially hard on you. Lose focus for even a second and you'd go back into recovery.
—————————————————————————
You walked down the hall of his mansion and heard Genya's voice.

"Sanemi wait!"

You didn't really want to eavesdrop but that's what's you did. You hid behind a corner and listened into their conversation.