Chapter 14

It was then a couple of days after that fateful night.

In an effort to improve in his Total Concentration, Tanjiro asked for assistance from Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho to beat him with a clothing beater at night if he ever stopped Total Concentration while he was asleep.

Tanjiro also continued to participate in Rehabilitation Training while Inosuke and Zenitsu stayed in bed or just did what they wanted. You of course went with Tanjiro, but you were told by Aoi to not participate until he beat Kanao. You were a bit disappointed but accepted.
__________________________________

The next day, it was the end of training and you were having small talk with Tanjiro before noticing Zenitsu and Inosuke were peeking through the crack of the door. Tanjiro noticed as well and called out to them.

"Ah Inosuke! Zenitsu!"

But when he did, they turned away and ran off. Tanjiro thought that was odd, but continued on you conversation.
_________________________________

Then next day was the day where Tanjiro had to break the gourd by blowing into it. He took the gourd from Naho and took a deep breath. He blew into it while Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho were cheering for him and the small gourd broke. All four of them cheered and celebrated. You usually watched him from the roof and clapped feeling happy for him. Tanjiro must've heard you clapping or had caught your scent because he looked up at you.

"Ah Y/N! I did it! Did you see?"

You jumped down and gave him a nod. He ran up to you and hugged you as he smiled brightly.

"Now all you have to break is this huge gourd!"

"Yeah!"

You all cheered, but then you felt as if someone was watching you. You turned around and saw Zenitsu and Inosuke hiding behind a bush. You waved at them, but they scrambled around and ran away.
________________________________

The next day, you and Tanjiro started that day's training at the break of dawn. You chased him around the whole area; jumping onto fences, through trees, and tight spaces he tried to fit into. As you and Tanjiro tried to mimic the Rehabilitation Training by yourselves, the both of you noticed Zenitsu and Inosuke on the ground panting.

"Hey! Zenitsu! Inosuke! You guys okay?"

You and Tanjiro ran up to them to see if they were okay or not. But after Zenitsu heard your angelic voice jumps up and started hugging you.

"Y/N-chan~!"

Tanjiro looked at him rubbing his face against yours and hit Zenitsu in the head as a sign to let you go. After Zenitsu got hit by what felt like a block of iron, he let go and fell dramatically to the floor grasping onto his head.

He stood back up not long after and they told you and Tanjiro about the difficulty of Total Concentration. Being a good friend, Tanjiro gave a cute explanation using his body as a model of your lungs.

"All that's left to do is to train like crazy!"

Inosuke and Zenitsu had a dead look on their faces and shook their heads. You thought for a moment and thought of a way they might get motivated by.