Chapter 28

You and Tanjiro make it back and see Genya and Nezuko fighting hard.

"Genya! Straight to the northeast! The last one is hiding down there! Go and we'll back you up!"

Genya then runs northeast while you try your best fighting back with Urogi.

"Why I wonder why Master hasn't figured out about you and that other girl."

"Muzan has nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with him."

Karaku then blew a strong wind with his large fan leaf blowing you and Tanjiro away. You stabbed your sword into the ground behind a tree to not get blown away. You look around and see that Sekido was also about to use his lightning, but then Nezuko comes and tries to attack him. Before she could get her hit on him, Aizetsu comes in to his rescue and stabs his spear into her stomach and also stabbed the end of his spear through the tree.

Then in a blink of an eye, Tanjiro runs up to Sekido and cuts off his left arm, with fire emitting from the wound. You clearly saw that Tanjiro was getting faster. He had outstanding reflexes and adapted to fights rather quickly while demonstrating explosive grown when it really counted. You smile and get to work yourself.

"Zodiac Breathing, 8th form: Gemini."

You swing your sword multiple times when you reach Urogi while the wind helped turn attack as it sped up your swinging. You had cut off Urogi's right wing as you also cut his mouth.

Nezuko has grabbed Aizetsu's hair and hugged him as her blood had gotten on him and he was set ablaze.

Tanjiro had moved to Karuku, but Karuku slammed his fan leaf downwards which had slammed Tanjiro down to the floor as well.

"Now for the boy who lets the lead fly!"

Before Karuku had attacked Tanjiro, Tanjiro was quicker and cut his arm in half. Vertically. You had also made your way over and sliced into his mouth as well.

"GENYA! ON YOUR RIGHT! IT'S MOVING SOUTH!"

"FIND IT!"

You kick Karuku and headed over to Genya with Tanjiro close behind. Genya looks around frantically not seeing the demon.

"WEST! FURTHER RIGHT! IT'S CLOSE! LOOK AT THE GROUND!"

Genya then looked at the floor and sure enough, there it was. Hiding behind the leaves on the floor, shivering in fear.

Genya shoots it with his gun, but it was too small for him to aim correctly. He chases it around and finally made contact with the demon's neck with his nichirin sword. Just as Genya thought he had won, his blade had broke. The demon was the size of a mouse and it's neck was the width of a thumb, yet the blade broke. Genya then tried to shoot it but it was no use.

Genya had took too long and the punishment for that was that Sekido had caught up to him and had the Khakkhara staff aimed right at the back of his neck.

"Sanemi... I wanted to become a Hashira... so you could respect me. And I wanted to apologize... for that one time..."

Flashback
(Genya POV)

My mother was quite a small woman, so it didn't take long for me to grow taller than her. She worked day and night, I never saw her sleep. My father was big, but good for nothing. He was stabbed by a rival, which was just what he deserved. He often hit my mother and us. Despite her small figure, she would always shield us from him. He would be the monster and she would be my hero.