Chapter 12

You looked at Nezuko and was afraid that she would give in. Of course you wanted to believe in her, but there were chances you weren't gonna take. You stood in front of her, trying to make it a little more bearable for her to not look at his blood.

"Would you look at that? Decided to join our little party?"

"I apologize for ruining your fun, but don't go thinking we'd ruin our whole lives because of your blood."

You turned around to check on Nezuko and you saw her trying her hardest to resist her urges, but she was able to pull through and turned her head away in disgust. Despite the fact that he stabbed her multiple times and flaunted his blood in her face, she resisted and didn't bite.

You were proud of her and smiled brightly, giving her a hug, but moving away from Sanemi at the same time.

"Great job Nezuko! You did amazing!"

She looked back at you with tired eyes and calmed down.

"That was really tiring huh? Especially with that guy."

You side eyed him and rolled your eyes mumbling things about him, but he heard you.

"HEY WHAT'D YOU SAY YOU DEMON BRAT?"

"NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS SCAR FACE!"

"YOU KNOW I CAN KILL YOU RIGHT NOW?"

"DO IT! NO BALLS! YOUR BLOOD IS NASTIER THAN PIG SHIT!"

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO!? AND MY BLOOD IS PERFECT THANK YOU VERY MUCH!"

"NOT REALLY, BUT I CONGRATULATE YOU FOR BEING YOUR VERY OWN DEMON REPELLENT!"

"She's a lot more childish than I would've thought..."

"For a demon.."

The master then cleared his throat making everyone shut their mouths and look back at him.

"So now it's been proven that Y/N and Nezuko won't attack humans right? Tanjiro."

You didn't even notice Tanjiro broke free from the serpent pillar and the rope and you saw him at the front of the room.

You didn't really pay attention to what the master had to say and just looked around. Sanemi saw that and hit the back of your head not too hard but not lightly neither. You slowly looked back at him and it was very apparent that you were pissed off. After noticing that you were staring at him, he stared back at you and it ended up into a staring contest, both being ticked off just by being in the presence of the other. As the competition was still underway, he broke eye contact upon hearing the master call his name. He bowed down onto one knee and listened to every word that came out of his mouth.

You then heard the insect lady clap her hands and saw one of the clean up crew members, the Kakushi. You and Nezuko looked back at them and they stepped back afraid.

You picked up Nezuko and placed her in the box and closed the door once she was all snug inside and you gave the box to the Kakushi that tried to approach you. She lowered her guard down for a second, took the box, and ran off. Another guy came through the front and grabbed Tanjiro and they ran off. You weren't sure what to do, but you bowed to the master and thanked him before running after them. The Hashiras were definitely the most surprised when they saw a demon was capable of having such normal manners and emotions.