Chapter 20

Your eyes went wide as Upper 6 sat on her knees with her head on her lap. You ran over to Tanjiro as Nezuko was still in a strange stage of her demonization.

"Hey. This fight isn't over. You need to take care of that sister of yours."

"Nezuko!"

"I don't need a snarling little brat to worry about while I'm in battle. Sing her a quaint country lullaby or some other boring thing."

Nezuko started moving around and jumped at the window trying to get Tanjiro off her. You follow them to the window and catch Tanjiro by his haori and drop them on the ground. As you were about to jump out Tengen grabbed your shoulder and shook his head. You were confused but just watched. They were rolling on the ground not seeing any progress of Nezuko returning back to normal.

"Tanjiro! Try a lullaby like Tengen said!"

Tanjiro's went wide and smiled at you.

"Hush hush baby rabbit on the hillside, why are your ears so long? When I was small, Mother ate the leaves of a tall tree and that's why my ears are long."

Tanjiro continued the song and Nezuko started crying no longer resisting and falling to the ground and returning to her small baby form crying.

"She's asleep.. Mom she's asleep! She fell asleep..."

You had a sigh of relief flood over your tense body relaxing for a bit now.

"Tengen! Look!"

He nods and grabs his akkimessatsu swords and stands up. You stand up as well and grab your sword.

"I can't believe you cut off my head! You won't get away with this!"

You looked back at Upper 6 and the first thing you noticed was that she wasn't fading away like how most demons work.

"Are you still whining? You bore me, so die already."

"Get over yourself! Also why'd you say I'm not a Upper Rank Demon!?"

"Because you're not one."

He says matter of factly.

"I am Upper Rank 6!"

"Yeah? Then why is your head cut off? You're clearly not strong enough. Has your brain dripped out too?"

"I'VE NEVER LOST IN BATTLE! I EARNED MY RANK! IT IS YOU WHO CLEARLY LOST TODAY! I'M SUPER STRONG AND I'M GONNA KEEP GETTING STRONGER!"

"Not very convincing."

He rolled his eyes but you had a bad feeling since her head was cut off a while ago and she still hasn't faded away.

"Um Tengen keep your guard up-"

She then starts crying and you and Tengen were shocked.

"It's true! I really am Upper 6! I have a number on my eye and everything! Because I'm so amazing!"

She then raised her hand in a fist and started banging it on the floor crying like a child.