Chapter 26

"So that's what happened yesterday. Crazy right? Apparently it'll take around 3 days and 3 nights for Hagenezuka to polish the sword. He'll finish the day after tomorrow He said that the sharpening method is so incredibly demanding that it's killed people! I'm worried... He forbade me from peeking in, but may I go see?"

"WHAT'S IT TO ME!? GET OUT! DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE WE'RE FRIENDS!"

"Huh!? We aren't friends!?"

"OF COURSE WE'RE NOT! YOU BROKE MY ARM! DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT!"

"That was completely necessary. You were completely in the wrong for hitting a girl, Genya."

"DON'T CALL ME BY MY FIRST NAME!"

You sat quietly between the two sipping on some hot tea as they continued to bicker. Tanjiro wanted to tell the story of what had occurred to someone and that someone happened to be Genya. You weren't exactly sure why it was Genya, but if he wasn't causing any trouble for you, you didn't mind.

"These rice crackers are tasty. You want some?"

"GRAH! NO GET LOST!"

Tanjiro handed a rice cracker to Genya, but he slapped it out of his hand and yelled at him.

"Huh? Your tooth. Wasn't your front tooth missing? At the hot spring...?"

Once Tanjiro brought it up, you couldn't help but look at his teeth as well and sure enough his tooth had grown back in.

Genya grew silent and sat back down.

"You must be mistaken."

"I'm not mistaken? Look, see I still have the tooth."

Tanjiro shows the tooth to Genya that he had taken out of his pocket.

"WHY DID YOU KEEP IT YOU WEIRDO!?"

"No... you dropped it so I wanted to return it..."

"YOU MUST BE CRAZY! THROW IT AWAY! GET OUT!"

Genya grabbed the back of your haori and opened the door of his room and threw you out. You landed on your butt as you rubbed it in pain. Genya also kicked Tanjiro out but I guess being thrown is better than kicked... right?

Genya closed the door loudly and Tanjiro looked back at the closed door.

"Why is he always so angry? He must be hungry."

"Maybe it because of Sanemi?"

"Sanemi? You mean the Wind Pillar?"

You and Tanjiro stand up and you nod.

"Kanroji said that Sanemi didn't have a younger brother. Maybe he said that because of an incident that has happened before they joined the corps."

"That sounds like a good reason! Good thinking      Y/N!"

He then pats you head and you smile.

You and Tanjiro walk back to your room and see that Nezuko was out of her box playing with some toys. She looked up and ran to hug both of you. You smile and hug her back along with Tanjiro. You played with Nezuko as well for a little bit and you had started to fall sleepy. Your eyelids got heavy and you struggled to stay awake losing consciousness for a second but then bolting back up.