Chapter Twenty One

You sighed. It had been a long day, and now, you were at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, sitting in the office at 11:38 pm, waiting for your night shift to start.

After you and Jeremy had discovered the body, you'd both decided that the best thing to do would be to call the cops and tell them about it. You did, and they'd done a DNA test, to inform you that the woman found was indeed the mother of Alex. He was absolutely devastated at the news.
They'd insisted on taking him to an orphanage to wait to be adopted, but you knew that they could end up living their whole lives there and never get adopted or even placed into a foster home.
So, you did what you thought would of been better for Alex. You'd taken him yourself. Legally, of course.
He is your adopted child now. Of course, you knew that you might need to do some overtime or get a second job to be able to pay for a child, as he was only six years old. For the night, you'd gotten Mike to babysit him. He is good with kids, and you knew that he could be trusted.
The police did an entire investigation on the place, not finding any evidence of a murderer. Not even police dogs could track the scent of the killer, even after the place was locked down temporarily and sprayed for evidence.
The killer has gotten away, for now.

But now, as you sit in the office alone, waiting for midnight to come, you couldn't help but ponder where you'd seen Vincent before. You knew you'd seen him before, but you didn't know where. He was familiar in an odd way.
Those thoughts blasted out of your head like explosive diarrhoea when he walked into the room, ready to start the night shift with you.
"Hey, (F/N)," he greeted, walking casually into the room and sitting behind the desk with you. Once your eyes met his, he winked at you.
You looked away. "Hi."
"Oh come on, don't be like that," Vincent said, leaning back in his chair. "Don't be shy."
"I'm not-" you began, but were cut off as you saw Vincent tip too far back in his chair and hit the floor with a thud.
A grin formed on your face as you started laughing quietly, watching Vincent lying on the floor.
He propped himself up on one of his elbows and did a pose. "Draw me like one of your French girls," he stated flirtily, which made you laugh even harder.
He stood up, dusted himself off, and sat back down in his chair once he picked it back up. He didn't tip it back this time.
You busied yourself by checking your watch. 11:57 pm, it read.
"Three minutes until our shift starts," you stated, shooting a quick glance at Vincent.
He nodded. "Uh-huh."

"Shit!" You yelled, slamming a hand over your heart. You saw Toy Freddy standing in the hallway, staring at you and Vincent menacingly. You knew you were supposed to put the Freddy mask on, but you were frozen out of fear. Something about the new animatronics scared you more than the old ones.
"Put the damn mask on!" Vincent told you, hurriedly. He proceeded to shove the mask into your face until you were forced to take it, which you did.
You'd both waited approximately 10 minutes, but Toy Freddy just got even closer. He didn't seem to be fooled by the mask, which he should of been.
"The hell...?" You heard Vincent mutter quietly. You thought the same thing.
It wasn't long before he was in the office, just staring and doing nothing. You started to get a little freaked out, especially after you remembered the music box. Your face went pale.
"What is it?" Vincent asked. He could tell that something wasn't right.
"The music box," you whispered quietly. You could tell that he, too, had the same reaction.
You took off your Freddy mask. You quickly started turning the little handle on the box, hoping you'd live.
Once that was done, you looked up at Toy Freddy. His eyes seemed to be normal, contrary from that of earlier, which were solid black eyes with tiny white irises.
He looked down at you, then at Vincent. He seemed to stare a split second longer at him, before turning and leaving.
Once he was gone, you leaned back in your chair and sighed from relief. You felt something in your lap and realised that after turning the music box, you'd forgotten to put your Freddy mask on. You'd realised how much danger you'd put yourself in, but didn't speak it.
"What time is it?" You asked, turning towards Vincent.
"Like I know. You're the one with the watch," he replied, rolling his eyes.
Embarrassed, you glanced at your own watch, which told you that it was 4:13 am already, which surprised you a bit.
You relaxed and sighed. Even though the seconds were passing by, it was slowly getting closer to 6 am. It'd be over before you know it, which is what you kept telling yourself.

You nearly screamed when you saw a child-sized dark figure standing in the doorway. You and Vincent immediately put on the Freddy masks.
The figure seemed to be frozen for a second or two before slowly making it's way over to you both, and into the light of the office.
Once it entered the office, the details of the person were visible.
It was a child, or so you thought. It looked like a child, and had short hair. The child seemed to be a shadow, no other colours but dark, except for his eyes, which shone brightly in the dim light.
He walked over to you, standing in front of the desk. He looked very sad.
"Who're you?" Vincent asked. He sounded confident, but definitely didn't look it.
The small boy looked at him. "Eli," he replied shyly. There was a small pause.
"You..." The child looked suspicious. He reached over and took off Vincent's Freddy mask.
The child looked pained when he saw Vincent, before his eyes grew black except for white irises, which were directed at Vincent. "YOU DID THIS TO ME!" Eli yelled angrily.
Sneaking a glance at Vincent, he looked very guilty for just a split second. "I-I don't know what you're talking about."
"You- You- You're the one that killed me..." Eli sounded very angry, yet very sad.
Something clicked in your head as you processed what Eli had said.
If Vincent really did kill him, then wasn't Vincent the one in the newspaper?
His face seemed all too familiar now.