𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Chapter Fifteen,
Save the Last One

"So do we ring the bell? I mean it looks like people live here," Glenn asked as the three approached the house, guided by the mysterious woman they had met in the woods.

"I mean yeah, wouldn't hurt," Chloe replied.

"We're past this kind of stuff, aren't we? Having to be considerate," T-Dog said.

"Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?"the woman who had taken Lori asked, startling them with her sudden appearance.

"Uh, hi. Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything. Hello. Nice to see you again. We met before briefly," Glenn stammered.

"Look, we came to help. There anything we can do?" T-Dog offered.

"It's not a bite. I cut myself pretty bad though," he informed her, as she focused on his wound.

"We'll have it looked at. I'll tell them you're here."

"We have some painkillers and antibiotics, " Glenn added.

"I already gave him some," Chloe chimed in.

"If Carl needs any-" Glenn started but was cut off.

"Come on inside," the girl told them. "I'll make you something to eat."

Inside the house, they found Rick and Lori in the room where Carl lay, looking weak and pale.

"Hey," Glenn whispered.

"Hey," Rick, who didn't appear to be in good shape either, responded.

"We're here, okay?" Glenn whispered again.

"Thank you," Lori nodded.

"Whatever you need," T-Dog offered.

Chloe entered the room, approaching Carl cautiously. She noticed an elderly man beside Carl, whom she assumed was the girl's father.

"Hey, you're okay?" Chloe asked Lori.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be fine," Lori smiled weakly.

"They don't get back soon, we're gonna decide to make," the old man said.

"And that is?" Rick asked.

"Whether to operate on your boy without the respirator."

"You said that wouldn't work," Lori said with a breaking voice.

"I know. It's extremely unlikely. But we can't wait much longer."

Chloe decided to give Lori and her husband some privacy as she walked out to find the woman that saved Andrea and Chloe's life earlier and had prepared three sandwiches for each of T-Dog, Glenn, and her.

"Thanks," Chloe said with a smile.

Patricia, Maggie's relative as Chloe has assumed was stitching T-Dog's arm as he winced in pain.

"You got here right in time. This couldn't go untreated much longer. 'Merle Dixon'. Is that your friend with the antibiotics?" Patricia asked.

"No, ma'am. Merle's no longer with us. Daryl gave us those--his brother," Glenn told the old woman.

"Not sure I'd call him a friend," T-Dog added.

"He is today. This doxycycline might have just saved your life," Patricia said. "You know what Merle was taking it for?"

"The clap. Um, venereal disease. That's what Daryl said," Glenn said.

STDs? Sounds like Merle.