𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚

Chapter Forty,
You Don't Get To Come Back

"Look, cameras," Glenn exclaimed as he reached for one of the boxes on the shelf.

"What for?" Chloe asked.

"Memories?"

"I should probably get Cody one too," she told him. "Have you seen an iPod or something for music?"

"Yeah, I got Rick one last week, over there," Glenn said as he led the way.

"Thanks!" Chloe expressed her gratitude, picking up two items before the sudden sound of shattering glass interrupted them. "What the hell was that?"

"Come on."

The two hurried toward the source, discovering Daryl, Zack, and Tyreese lifting fallen shelves off the ground, with Bob trapped underneath.

"What happened?" Glenn called out.

"Everyone's all right. We're over in wine and beer," Zack shouted back as Michonne and Sasha joined.

"I was moving fast, man," Bob explained. "I drove right into the drinks."

"Man, you lucked out. If this thing had come down on you the wrong way—" Tyreese was cut off as walkers began raining from the ceiling.

"Yeah, uh, we should probably go now," Glenn suggested, backing away.

"Bob's still stuck. Get him out of there," Daryl shouted.

"We'll get the others," Michonne said, but more walkers descended, landing in front of the group.

"Get back!" Glenn warned, pulling Chloe toward him.

"Hey!" Bob screamed just before a walker landed on top of Chloe, pinning her down. She struggled to reach her bow as the walker tried to bite into her face, but it was just out of reach.

Thinking it was the end, a gunshot echoed from somewhere beside her. Looking to her right, she saw Glenn back on his feet, walking toward her as she fought to keep the walker at bay. "Glenn!" she shouted, and he yanked the walker away, bashing its head with one of the shelves.

"Come on, stay close."

"Chloe!" she heard Daryl shout.

"I'm okay," she called back, moving toward him to find Walkers surrounding him.

"Daryl, go!" Glenn ordered as he shot down the walkers around Daryl.

The ceiling was collapsing above them, and they needed to move immediately. "Let's get Bob," Zack shouted as he and Daryl ran toward him, exerting all their strength to lift the shelf and drag Daryl out.

"Come on, time to go. Let's go, now!" Daryl yelled, but before they could, they heard Zack screaming as a walker bit into his leg. Chloe found herself running toward him, but it was too late; the walker was now biting his neck, blood splattering everywhere.

"Chloe!" Glenn shouted.

"Zack!" she screamed, attempting to pull him away until she felt someone yank her off the floor and away from the gruesome scene.

"Come on! Go! Let's get out of here!" Daryl shouted, pulling her along as the ceiling fell behind them.

"Come on! It's just ahead," the woman said as Alli walked slightly behind Rick, following them.

"Eddie. Oh, thank God you're still here. This is Rick. He's gonna help us. Everything's gonna be okay. Everything—" Seated on the ground, talking to god knows who, as Rick and Alli inspected the tent, which had only one pillow and one blanket.