𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Chapter Thirty Eight,
I Know How The Safety Works

THE NEXT couple of days were dedicated to preparing for whatever might unfold. The survivor group fortified vulnerable areas, strategically placing weapons for easy access in case of depletion. They also devised an escape plan in case the situation spiraled beyond control and evacuation became the only recourse.

"Hey! Come on! Over here! Hey! Come on! Over here! Hey! Right here! Over here! Come on! Here! Here! Come on!" Maggie, Angie, Carl, and Tom shouted providing the rest of the group the distraction they needed as they cleared up the field. Alli and Chloe stood back to back shooting down the walkers, Michonne close by, taking the rest down with her katana.

"Come on, let's go," Daryl shouted for them to move as Cody stopped the truck, Alli and Chloe climbing over where Glenn and Daryl stood as Cody drove them back to the prison.

"They try to drive up to the gate again, maybe some blown tires will stop them," Daryl told Rick and Adam as they all jumped off the truck the moment Cody parked.

"That's a good idea," Rick said.

"It was Michonne's," Daryl said eyeing him.

"We don't have to win. We just have to make their getting at us more trouble than it's worth," Michonne said.

"Hey, let's go."

"Hey, ya seen Merle around?" Daryl asked as he approached Chloe and Glenn, lending a hand with the gate they were repairing. "He says he was sorry yet? 'Cause he is. He's gonna make it right. I'm gonna make him. There's got to be a way. Just needs to be a little forgiveness is all."

hloe stepped away, giving them some space, and headed to the table where they had been preparing the bombs earlier.

"He tied me to a chair, beat me, and threw a walker in the room. Maybe I could call it even. But he-- he took Maggie to a man who terrorized her, humiliated her. I care more about her than I care about me," Glenn said, moving towards Chloe, who stood there somewhat awkwardly. He seemed to try to distract himself by assisting Chloe in filling the glass bottles they were using for the bombs. Eventually, Daryl gave up, picked up his new crossbow from the table, and walked away.

"Hey, he's trying to fix things up, " Chloe told Glenn.

"He can't. "

"You have to let it go, he-"

"What's wrong with you Chloe?" He interrupted her, his voice shaking with anger as he threw one of the bottles to the ground causing it to shatter.

"Nothing is wrong!" Chloe met him with a raised voice of her own. "Something is wrong with you Glenn, not me!" And that's when she decided to leave him be.

"You okay?" Cody asked as she stormed past him.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Hey, hey talk to me what happened?" He asked, following.

"Glenn, he's being so impulsive, I-I just walked away not wanting to make things worse."

"He'll come around."

And it seemed like he did.

"Chloe!" She heard Glenn call as she walked to where Hershel told them to meet.