𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑶𝒏𝒆

Chapter Twenty One,
Triggerfinger

CHLOE was jolted awake from her dream as she sat up, her head swimming, her eyes looking around for Logan.

He wasn't in the tent.

"Morning," she spoke as she rushed out of the tent finding T-Dog passing by. "Logan. Have you seen him?"

"Morning. Yeah right there with Rick and Shane," T-Dog said. "You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," she breathed. "Thank you."

Finding Rick and Logan standing beside Shane, Chloe approached greeting them. "Morning."

"Morning," Rick replied as Logan turned to face her.

"How are you today? Better?" Shane asked.

"Yeah, a lot," she said with a smile.

Something was wrong with Logan.

"Logan are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Logan said.

"He just doesn't like the idea of us sending Rendall away," Shane interfered.

"Rendall?" Chloe asked.

"The boy they got back with them yesterday."

"Oh yeah, he's still injured. How come you're already sending him away?" Chloe asked both Rick and Shane.

"He's a threat," Shane told her. "The longer he stays the more he puts us all in danger."

"Come on man," Logan spoke. "They left him. They think he's dead."

"Yeah, but we killed their men."

"I think it's for the best to send him away," Rick intervened. "We can't keep him here as a prisoner."

Logan sighed

Logan sighed.

"It doesn't have to be like this," Chloe interjected, attempting to side with Logan, thinking he had a point.

"The decision is already made," Rick stated. "You're ready?"

"Yeah, man," Shane affirmed, and the two turned away, disregarding Logan. He almost started following them if it wasn't for Chloe, who had stopped him.

"He's just a kid," Logan remarked, his eyes fixed on Rendall as they both observed the others walking away.

"I know, but we can do nothing," Chloe said. "Rick always makes the right choices. I trust him."

Rick and Shane helped Rendall into the SUV, blindfolding him and tying his hands. They even provided him with an iPod playing music to ensure he couldn't hear anything.

"I'll go socialize a bit," Logan said, glancing at Dale, who stood farther up the field. "What is that man's name?"

"Dale."