A Day in The Life of The Background Artist And a Fated Encounter With An Elf

A/N: Is this what you've been waiting for? We get our first look at Yamada Elf and a day in Mr.Smith-san's life. This time the plot is heavily following in the footsteps of our main character. It was a pain to rewrite, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Masamune POV

Ayame: "I'll be honest with you, Masamune, all the project proposals you sent us are no good. I told you not to bring those types this time around. Bring some new ones before the meeting tomorrow. That's all, see you later."

Masamune: "H-Hey, wait! Damn it! I guess there's no choice. I'll have to write some more by tomorrow." Well, time to sell a good night's sleep for a passable manuscript.

Y/N POV

Y/N: "I got a proposal earlier today. It's from Media Factory. It's an Isekai where the protagonists are placed in a world where everything is solved by playing games."

Sagiri: "It doesn't sound like a bad idea. How many volumes are they planning on making? Any idea what the conditions are?'

Y/N: "They seem like a big place from what I've found on the web so far. I think they'll be flexible if anything."

Sagiri: "I say go for it right now we don't have much in terms of work and a big studio sounds like a good break. By the way, do you know if nii-chan is gonna make another light novel soon? Because doing fan work is fine but I want to do some professional work."

Y/N: "You know him he's probably working on some right now. Anyways, tomorrow I need to tell the editor I'm going to be working on another project as well."

A/N: KINGU CRIMZON

Masamune: "Sagiri, Y/N. I'll leave your meal here!"

Y/N: "Gotta go, Sis. See you when I get back."

His meeting with the editor is setup for early in the morning. 

 Y/N: I should probably say hi to nii-san.

He opens the door and goes downstairs.

Masamune: "Hello, Y/N. How are you this morning?"

Y/N: "Doing as always. I have some business to take care of at the office. If you want, I could tag along for your walk to school. It's around the same direction."

Masamune: "Sure, I don't have a problem with that. Though, can we eat breakfast? I'm usually pretty hungry in the morning."

Y/N: "I was referring to after breakfast. Wouldn't want your efforts to go to waste."

Masamune: "Ah, that makes sense. I'll go put Sagiri's upstairs."

A/N: smol skip

Masamune: "Y/N, I'm curious to know, do you like art as well?"

Y/N: "In a way? I like it for sure, but I could never see myself doing it. I find enjoyment in watching others. Since I'm no good at it, I figured seeing someone else be good it would be more enjoyable, and it is."

Masamune: "Well, that's nice. What are your hobbies?"

Y/N: "I like stars. Astronomy and astrology are my passions."

Masamune: "Oh. That's oddly fitting for you. Do you have a telescope, or do you watch star study streams?"

Y/N: "I watch streams, and I'm studying some myself. How are you taking Sagiri being Eromanga?"

Masamune: "Ah, I thought this would come up. While I'm supportive for sure, I don't know how supportive I should be. It's a passion at the very least, but I can't decide if it's very healthy for her."