Prologue

- Once upon a time there was one girl. Her name was Reina Lockser. She was the princess of the ice demon clan. The people called them Yuki-Onna. In all myths, legends and tales, demons are described as evil, cruel and merciless creatures hailing from Hell, created by darkness itself. But what if I say that not all demons are as the legends describe them? Yes, there is darkness in every demon, but there are good ones among them. Like all princesses, she lived in a palace that stood in the middle of a valley hidden from human eyes. It was a home for her family and subjects.

In the middle of a forest glade sits a young, very beautiful girl. Her eyes are closed, a soft chant comes from her parted lips, which attracts animals and birds. She has long  dark-blue hair. So long that their ends lie on the grass next to her. White as snow, skin, and scarlet eyes. She is wearing a black dress up to the toes, with blue patterns, sandals on her feet. A blue scarf with a white pattern is tied around her head — all the princesses of this clan wear this accessory.

- People were afraid and hated demons. They can be understood. These creatures brought them only pain and destruction. But they did not know that not all demons are evil. Therefore, the princess was forbidden to leave the valley. Her younger brother, Ao, did not agree with this. His children's soul, filled with curiosity and a thirst for adventure, wanted to get into the world of people. Therefore, one day he left the valley and went on a journey. Upon learning of this, Reina and her faithful servant immediately went in search of him. Ao was captured by the pirates and was imprisoned in their fortress, along with other captives, or rather, slaves. There, Reina met a young man who became a part of her life. Her fate.

On the wall, between two pillars, in the pouring rain, a young man stands. Both his hands are tied to wooden posts. The wind pats red, shoulder-length hair, and a battered blue shirt.

- The princess and her servant saved not only her younger brother, but also the young man. His name was Igneel.

The young man crawls out of the tunnel they made and sees his savior. Golden and red eyes meet. At the same moment a spark runs between them. His cheeks are blushing, and his eyes reflect the beautiful image of the blue-haired girl standing in front of him in a dark dress. A tender smile is on her lips, and he reflects in his eyes.

- From the very first meeting, a special connection arose between them. As if she were a foregone conclusion of fate itself. They fled from the pirates, and, boarding a boat, sailed into the sea. But due to a storm that night, their boat was destroyed. The small group split up. Little Ao returned to the fortress to protect the prisoners until his sister returned. The princess, her servant, and Igneel went to her homeland in order to bring help, defeat the pirates and free all the slaves. During the journey, Reina and Igneel became even closer, their feelings for each other grew day by day.

"The moment you started singing, I was deaf. The only thing I heard is your voice, Reina. And honestly, I could listen for ages. - The words of the young man caused a bright blush on the girl's pale cheeks. The guy himself smiled shyly and also blushed. The servant coming behind them smiled. He never saw his mistress so happy, let alone elevated feelings.

- In the end, they reached the valley, and, having gathered an army, they returned back, ready to free the prisoners and destroy the pirates. Igneel also wanted to return the sword of his father, who was taken from him by the leader of the pirates. That evening, just before the battle, Igneel and Reina revealed their feelings to each other and shared the first kiss. The battle has begun. Together, Igneel and Reina destroyed the fortress and defeated all the pirates except their leader. He took the princess hostage. Igneel was blinded by anger and he attacked the enemy. During the fight, he wounded the girl with a sword and threw her body to the side, after which he was defeated. Demons are not only incredible stamina, but immortality. They are not afraid of poison, human weapons, as well as old age, but even they have their own weaknesses. Such for them is silver or special crystals from which weapons are made to fight them. The sword that wounded her was just that. Not a single pain or torture experienced by him in a pirate captivity could be compared with what he experienced at the moment when his beloved died in his arms.