From the past to the present

"Look, Juvia. Stars. The most beautiful thing in our world. I wish I could go up into the sky and take a closer look at them, and maybe even touch them. - In confirmation of these words, the boy raised his hand, but felt only emptiness.

"I think there are things much more beautiful and brighter than the stars. - Jellal turned his head in surprise. Next to him, his friend lay on the grass, her back to him, her arms outstretched.

"Like what?" - he arched an eyebrow.

The girl sat up, leaned toward him, and extended her index finger, poking him in the forehead with a soft smile. 

- "You, Jellal. For me, you are much more beautiful, brighter and better than all these stars.

As she spoke, she lowered her eyes, blushing, and then raised them to the sky.

"They are beautiful, of course, but they are so far away. They can't be touched, they don't radiate heat, and they're never around, unlike you. - Her blue, shining eyes reflected the boy's flushed, surprised, and at the same time confused face.

"Where did you learn that?" - he asked with a grin, stroking her hair gently. The girl closed her eyes, putting her head under his hand like a cat. But then he took his hand away and stood up. She opened her eyes and looked up in surprise. - "I'm sorry, Ju, I have to go home.

"Already? But it's still so early! - Juvia sprang to her feet, looking at him with pleading eyes. - "Let's look at the stars a little more! Please! We don't see much of each other as it is!

- "I'm sorry, Ju, I can't. - He shook his head.

- Then... Can I come with you? - she lowered her eyes timidly, clutching the hem of her black dress with a ribbon at the waist... -  I want to be with you a little longer. I feel lonely when you leave.

They stood facing each other for a couple of minutes without speaking. Jellal's sigh broke the silence.

"I'm sorry, Ju, but no. I can't. - He took a couple of steps forward and put his arm around her. The girl hugged her back tightly, her fingers clenching the clothes on her back, and her watery eyes looked down sadly. - "I'll explain it to you one day, I promise. Until then, wait for me.

So saying, he kissed her on the forehead and walked away, his eyes downcast and his hands in his pockets. Juvia stared after him in silence, resisting the urge to run, cling to him with all her limbs, and beg him tearfully not to leave her alone.

Instead, the girl with the blue ponytails fell back on the grass, looking up at the sparkling night sky.

"It's not fun to look at the stars without you,  Jellal.

***

The lids of the sleeping girl trembled and slowly opened, revealing blue eyes.

"Those dreams again. - she whispered, a little annoyed. - "Why are some things so hard to forget?"

"I don't know what happened to Jellal, where he is, or what he's doing, but the fact remains. We won't be seeing him any time soon. At least until then.until I start doing something. What day is today? - she reached for the phone on the nightstand, turned it on, and looked at the date. - "Is that day already here? Time flies so fast. It's been about a month since I last saw Natsu. - the thought of the pink-haired boy made her smile. - Probably, he is now training and finding a lot of new friends. I hope he hasn't forgotten me yet, as well as his promise to help me with this power.