Thank you, Natsu Dragneel

"Look at that, Juvia! How beautiful the world is! All this time you were locked up and didn't see all this beauty around you! Natsu exclaimed with childish delight in his voice. His eyes shone, clinging to all sorts of details, small to others, but so important to him.

A bright sun in a clear blue sky, tall houses, cars of all shapes and sizes passing along the road, trees with emerald leaves that made such a pleasant rustling sound when the wind passed through them. There were so many of them that this pleasant, ear-caressing rustle could not be drowned out by the sounds of cars, let alone the fresh air.

"You sound as if you've never been to the city," Juvia said, looking around in surprise. For her, it was all familiar, gray, and depressing. It was a picture she saw every day from the window of her house or when she went to school. — There's nothing interesting here. City as a city.

"Oh, Juvia.- Natsu sighed, looking at her as if she were an unintelligent child who still didn't understand much.

"She is a child. Just as I am.. Only if I can see all this beauty and not fall into despair, unfortunately, she's not. It's so sad. I just have to show her the bright side of this world to finally see a smile on her usually gloomy and sad face."-at this thought, a fire of determination flashed in his eyes.

— Still, it wasn't a bad idea to go out with me. He couldn't help but chuckle at the way Juvia listened to every single word, fascinated and attentive.

"She's too cute. I can't help blushing.»

— I have to agree, " she said quietly, looking down at the floor in confusion. She thought again of their conversation, first in front of the TV, and then in front of the door that separated them. Her pale cheekbones were pink. "And yet -" the fingers of his right hand closed around his left wrist. — Can we not go to the temple? I'm nothing but trouble.

— Come on, " he said, and went to the surprised girl and patted her head reassuringly. It was not so much his unexpected gesture that caused her surprise and incomprehension as the optimism and carelessness in his words.

— What do you mean, come on?! — she said, puffing out her cheeks. Her frown and pouting cheeks caused Dragneel another fit of laughter and pink cheeks.

— Why are you so carefree? It seems that people like you are the ones who say that their glass is not half full, but all the way to the top. In short, an idiot., " she sighed, brushing her bangs with her breath.

"Hey, I might be offended. You wanted to go, so you left the house. — " he said matter-of-factly.

— Well... — sheepishly looked away - "You could say that.

"It'll be fun! And we can get to know each other better! he held out his hand, palm up, looking into her blue eyes with a warm smile. — We'll get out of it if anything. There's always a way out. Don't be afraid, Juvia. I'll be there for you, whatever happens. Believe me.

— "To believe... you?" her hand hesitantly reached for it. "Again ... trust someone? I don't think I have a choice. But... it is quite possible that ... " — trembling fingers touched a wide warm palm. Dragneel smile became wider, his eyes joyfully shone. "Everything will be fine. I'll take a chance and trust him. I hope you will justify my trust, Natsu Dragneel".

She remembered holding out her hand to Jellal in the same way. When they first met, in the cemetery, when he found her crying at her mother's grave. With just a few words, the blue-haired boy managed to instill light and faith in her. Natsu's smile was as warm and genuine as the hand he held out for her to grasp.

— I believe you, Natsu, - quietly, but firmly told she, decisively looking on him.

"Thank You, Juvia. Let's go. - He walked briskly along the street, leading her, holding her small, cold hand tightly in his. The blue-haired girl behind him stared at their clasped hands in silence.