CHAPTER IV

For a few moment's which felt like an eternity she just stared at Mr. Clayton hoping he would speak up for her but obviously that wasn't happening so she stomped out of the meeting room not wanting them to notice the tears tinting her vision. She quickly dialed Josh.

''Hey can you please pick me up'', Macy sobbed, tears gliding relentlessly down her blush pink cheeks.

''Shit, are you alright, just wait there I'm coming right up'', and with that she waited along the sidewalk which in a few days would have Mr. Clayton by his ass like Mr. William had promised. Just thinking about that man made her blood boil to infinity. 

William banged his fist on the table, clenching his teeth hard, who was she and that mouth of hers, she really needed someone to point out for her that her naïve instinct of having a spat with someone as powerful as him needed to succumb, and that attitude and righteousness she was exuding. Some lady Macbeth she was. He immediately directed his assistant to dig up information on her, whatever she was, he had to know.

In a few moments the yellow beetle was back and in went Macy without a word.

''Oh Macy are you alright'', Josh cooed with concern etched on his face and when Macy started crying again Josh figured it might have been regarding the meeting.

Once home he encouraged Macy to get into her shorts and tank and tell him what had gone wrong.

''The meeting Josh. The presentation I made was a waste because those weren't the true reports given by Mr. Clayton. He had been unfaithful to his boss, and we had been told to stay back after the meeting. I delivered the presentation because Mr. Clayton could not, maybe because he knew the aftermath of it all. After the annual meeting Mr. Clark held us back. The arrogant bastard he is, decided to liquidate the company first thing in the morning'', Macy fumed at just the thought of him.

''That's bad, but wait are you crying because you lost a job'', Josh inquired.

''Um no, I sort of got into a spat with him and he kicked me out of his office'', she sighed. Josh was shamelessly laughing at her not bothering to even offer his condolences, ''So you just tried to slaughter a lion in his own den, impressing''.

''Shut up'', but he knew he had lightened up her mood. 

''Chuck the ass hole, we should go get drinks and you laid'', Josh clapped his hands like a four year old. He was a party animal and was always looking for reasons to go clubbing and hook up with a cute gay guy leaving her alone in misery.

''Fine, but just getting drinks, no getting laid and no grinding against strange men'', Macy ordered.

''Yass that's my girl. I have two passes to Wingets club and that too the VIP ones so Wingets it is and maybe we can get lucky'', Josh winked.

''Yeah not sure I want to get lucky more than I already have been'', she scoffed and decided to hunt her wardrobe for a decent outfit. She picked a black satin slip dress with a thigh high slit and a fit that revealed what little curves she had. She managed a decent beach wave with a curling wand and added some mascara, red lipstick and a little blush to complete the look.

''So hot, only if I weren't a gay my heart would certainly fall for you at this very moment'', Josh grinned making Macy giggle. They both left for Wingets in their death wagon.

Wingets was a posh looking bar, well attuned to the filthy rich people who made this their home away from home. From the very entrance to the VIP seating it was all delicately designed and smelled of nothing less than Chanel and Carons Poivre. Josh looked his usual smoothly impressing self with the blue jeans, a printed shirt and  monochrome blazer, checking out the men at the club.

''Macy lets order something strong'', Josh screamed over the loud music.

''I will just have some white wine, thankyou'', she smiled, ignoring his grunt. Someone had to be sober enough to get them home in one piece right. He excused himself to fetch some drinks but she had caught him checking a buzz cut guy by the bar ordering drinks.

''Just drinks right Josh'', she laughed, turning him red. He winked at her and disappeared amidst the party people. She could take up teasing Josh as a full time job. The thoughts of her job popped up unwillingly and she huffed knowing she'll have to slog her ass for another one now, thanks to Mr. Douche bag in the navy blue suit.

Josh might have found someone because he had forgotten the drinks so Macy made her way to the bar to collect the order. Just as she placed her hands over the slender glasses she felt a hand wrap around her waist forcing her to look back and leave the glasses.

''Ms. Henderson I wasn't quite expecting you at a club having drinks right after you've been fired'', his breath sent tingles down her spine and his musky scent filled her senses with an unidentifiable emotion, she let that not side track her and face the devil with panache.

''Well someone had to loosen up right'', Macy fake smiled at him catching him off guard.

''That's way too much sarcasm so if I were you I would not do that. However I have an offer for you'', he tightened the grip on her waist and moved his lips closer to her ears.

''You just need to continue doing what you did for Clayton, you just have to name your price'', William smirked and he surely did not mean her assistance. That's it, he had taken this spat too far for Macy's ego to handle.

''Mr. Clark, how dare you say something like that to me. You don't even know me well'', Macy whispered, not wanting to create a scene.

''I have a private room booked if you want to show me''

For a moment she thought he was kidding but when she pulled back from his hold, his eyes sparkled dangerously with lust and a challenge. He wanted to know her and she would happily demonstrate. So the next thing she did was give him a tight slap on the face. It left William dumbstruck as Macy ran out of the club not wanting to be a part of the aftermath of it all.

Josh must have noticed the commotion among the crowd as he followed her out of the club. But to Macy's surprise Josh hugged her and whispered, ''That's right my girl. That asshole deserved it. So proud of you''. She leaned into his hug, her legs giving away after that adrenaline rush.

''I would be lying if I said that dint feel good. He asked for it'', she shrugged.

That night though, Macy could not sleep well. All ideas ran through her mind. She had lost her job and after what she had done to William Clark she hardly had a chance in Seattle, but was she regretful, hell no, served him right. In the end she just fell into a fitful sleep.